I wet most of the drawing thoroughly (well beyond the actual outlines of the figure and clothing) and allowed some of the wet sheen to subside so I wouldn't have pools of standing water on it. With water media, I always work from pale warms first on to cooler and darker, so I first used Naples yellow (transparent) on any areas that needed a warm undertone, followed by cadmium orange (transparent) and then vermillion (gouache). Finally, I used some cadmium yellow (transparent) and cadmium red light (transparent) in some of the feathers and clothing while it was still faintly wet. With all of this, I generally just reinforced contours and also did some thin glazing or wash over flatter areas. I didn't worry too much about staying within any lines, and allowed some seepage, staining and bloom which will occur because of painting wet into damp. I'm kind of working all around the center of focus, with smaller touches of pigment here and there. I'm letting this dry before doing anything else. It always starts out looking pretty fresh and energetic in this phase, so let's hope I can retain it and not go off the cliff….
It's getting late in the afternoon so the photo is a bit off, I'll try to take another that is in better light before the afternoon is over.