A new month, a new painting style! After an under painting of neutral with strong strokes that I let dry overnight to add to the textural quality, I just painted until an image appeared. I had in my mind lately I wanted to try painting boats so I started with the water and let it go from there. Also I am trying to make as few marks as I can and still have the subject read as what it is. I left the strokes as I laid them down so it wouldn't turn into a "sea of mud" — sorry! Limited palette also, after having read an article by Courtney J. on this site regarding Anders Zorn, so this is yellow ochre, black, vermillion, white and UB. I added the UB because I found it hard to get a good image of the water without it. So after all this rambling I would really like your thoughts, opinions, anything I could do different to improve on it. This is an 8 x 10 oil on canvas — thanks for looking!