WWM participants introduce yourselves!

rated by 0 users
This post has 67 Replies | 10 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Hi, I'm Linda Reynolds from Tampa, and I'm excited...nervous...can't wait...want to be ready! And Colorado Springs is one of my very favorite places!

My classes are:
Quiller (1/2 day workshop- Acrylic)
McGurl (1/2 day workshop-landscape- *although I don't see this in the class schedule calendar)
Schmid panel
Gerhartz (1/2 day demo-portrait)
Schmid presentation
Burdick (1/2 day demo- figure)
Leffel and Lipking portrait demo and panel
Leffel (1/2 day demo- still life)
McGraw (1/2 day workshop- portrait)
Sunrise plein air demo
McGurl (1/2 day demo- landscape)
McPherson (critique)
Wow! Incredible artists, but I wish I could have gotten in to more workshops, especially for oil portrait artists. Those classes must have understandably filled up in no time. I'm on waitlists so I'll see what happens.
I'd love to meet you all and compare notes. I have learned only the tip of the iceberg in art, so I have the rest of the berg to go!
Linda Reynolds
Tampa, FL

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 405

Nancy,

Lucky me . . . . I live in Colorado Springs Smile.  I am relatively new to landscape painting and use oils.  How about you?

Cynthia

http://www.hillismcbride.com/

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 25
Points 390

Hi Cindy and Nancy

My schedule

09/09/2009 7:30 PM  EVESPE: Showing of George Gallo's Local Color movie   

09/10/2009 9:00 AM  A405: Developing a Critical Eye With Scott Christensen   

09/10/2009 7:00 PM  A-EVE: Schmid Panel   

09/11/2009 9:00 AM  B411: Simplifying the Outdoor Subject With Kevin Macpherson   

09/11/2009 7:00 PM  B-EVE: Leffel & Lipking: Two Generations of Masters   

09/12/2009 9:00 AM  C311: Developing a Critical Eye With Scott Christensen   

09/12/2009 2:00 PM  C312: Looking Beyond Subject Matter: Translating Concept Into Graphic Form With Skip Whitcomb   

09/12/2009 6:00 PM  C-EVE/SPE: Weekend With The Masters Meet The Masters Reception & Mentorship Silent Auction   

09/12/2009 8:00 PM  C-EVE/SPE: Weekend With the Masters Mentorship Panel Discussion   

09/13/2009 9:00 AM  D314: Capturing the Essence of the Landscape With Frank Serrano   

09/13/2009 2:00 PM  D107: Critique Session With Kevin Macpherson   

Optional Items

B-SPE-SUN: Sunrise Plein Air Demonstration With George Gallo & Frank Serrano    

B-SPE: Schmid Presentation   

ReplyReply AllMove...0 airline 090 HOMESTEAD0 newsletters ARCHIV...000 to do05 niagara to contac...06 Monhegan contact07 Niagara08 Monhegan09 monhegan register...09 Niagara June0flights1WT Deadlines2008 workshop contac...ALL WT DeadlinesAP issuesarizonaArt expensesBaileyblickBLINKBrochure requestcafe pressCOMP membership2Damiendomains by proxydont know what to do...Edmund GlineckiElizabeths Art Galle...email contacts POexchange link reques...FED EXFinken emailsFORMSFRIENDSGALLERIESHavre de GraceINFOHUBIPAP list backupKeep for confirmKIJIJILarrylinkedlucia correspondenc...MASS workshopMELLONmember lettersmembership requestmet lifemight be good contac...Monhegan 07 contactmonhegan corresponde...Monhegan Workshop in...Neil DiamondnetiquetteNew ZealandNewsletter articlesNiagara Falls Worksh...niagara07Nominations 2005offersother locationsPaintings inquirypasswordspaypalpeople I metPlein Air Magpochade.comportugal inquiriesproduct contactsPublishersPUMPHOUSE EMAIL LISTRARECIPESreservationssave web stuffSENT Workshops 07southamptonSPANISHspecial noticesSSvotesSt Lucia Workshopstlucia 08SW mag ad specsTU TU TangoTurchin GalleryUFAuntitledUS airway 06Voting policieswebsite design infoweddjWillowbank formWorld Tour prospectu...WT contract BCWT contract ESTESWT KarlWT LABELSWT LINDAWT otherWT ProposalWT St Augustine phot...yahoo FAQ
Select Message EncodingASCII (ASCII)Greek (ISO-8859-7)Greek (Windows-1253)Latin-10 (ISO-8859-16)Latin-3 (ISO-8859-3)Latin-6 (ISO-8859-10)Latin-7 (ISO-8859-13)Latin-8 (ISO-8859-14)Latin-9 (ISO-8859-15)W. European (850)W. European (CP858)W. European (HPROMAN8)W. European (MACROMAN8)W. European (Windows-1252)Armenia (ARMSCII-8)Baltic Rim (ISO-8859-4)Baltic Rim (WINDOWS-1257)Cyrillic (866)Cyrillic (ISO-8859-5)Cyrillic (KOI8-R)Cyrillic (KOI8-RU)Cyrillic (KOI8-T)Cyrillic (KOI8-U)Cyrillic (WINDOWS-1251)Latin-2 (852)Latin-2 (ISO-8859-2)Latin-2 (WINDOWS-1250)Turkish (ISO-8859-9)Turkish (WINDOWS-1254)Arabic (ISO-8859-6, ASMO-708)Arabic (WINDOWS-1256)Hebrew (856)Hebrew (862)Hebrew (WINDOWS-1255)Chinese Simplified (GB-2312-80)Chinese Simplified (GB18030)Chinese Simplified (HZ-GB-2312)Chinese Simplified (ISO-2022-CN)Chinese Simplified (WINDOWS-936)Chinese Trad.-Hong Kong (BIG5-HKSCS)Chinese Traditional (BIG5)Chinese Traditional (EUC-TW)Japanese (SHIFT_JIS)Japanese (EUC-JP)Japanese (ISO-2022-JP)Korean (ISO-2022-KR)Korean (EUC-KR)Thai (TIS-620-2533)Thai (WINDOWS-874)Vietnamese (TCVN-5712)Vietnamese (VISCII)Vietnamese (WINDOWS-1258)Unicode (UTF-7)Unicode (UTF-8)Unicode (UTF-16)Unicode (UTF-32)<input id="encode_go" type="submit" class="inputbutton" name="bottom_bpress_encode" value ="Go"/>| Full Headers

Search Mail

<label for="wsqbottom" class="offscreen">Search the Web</label> <input class="inputsearchtext" type="text" size="18" maxlength=50 name="p" id="wsqbottom" value=""/>

<style type="text/css">#yui-main { background-color:#C2D7B0 }</style>

Copyright © 1994-2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Guidelines
NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.
To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy
  • Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 93
Points 1,310

An interesting array-I agree.  Brenda and I are both taking one of his workshops and agree about the expense.  Will probably use more standard paints.  His color choices, I've not used before.  I usually work very limited and mix-not sure how to get the colors he lists, however.

Phillip

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 405

Would anyone be interested in getting together to introduce ourselves before the Gallo film on Wednesday evening 9/9?

If so, I suggest one of two convenient places to do this.  Number 1-  Phantom Canyon Restaurant/Brew Pub which is not too far from the Fine Arts Center.  It is a little less than a mile away on the corner of E. Pikes Peak Avenue and Cascade.   (All you have to do to get to the Fine Arts Center from there is to go North on Cascade and left on Dale.)  They have a wide selection of beverages and good reasonably priced food if you would like to have dinner too.   Number 2-  Cafe' 36, is the restaurant at the Fine Arts Center, a bit more pricey, but a lovely atmosphere and of course it is right there where the film will be shown.

What say ye participants?

Cynthia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 93
Points 1,310

I think it would be fun.  Any clue on how many people are actually going?  could overwhelm a restaurant or a brew pub. 

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 405

Phillip, you are the first to express an interest.   As this will be right before the Gallo film, we might get more Plein Air artists.  You and Brenda are on the list as of now though.  

I know Phantom Canyon can handle a pretty darn big crowd, no worries. 
Cynthia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 93
Points 1,310

keep us posted.  we should get to the Marriot around noon, so will have plenty of time to get our bearings.  The last time I was in Colorado Springs was 1960 for the Boy Scout Jamboree.

Not Ranked
Posts 31
Points 750

Great Cynthia- count me in!

I wil be arriving earlier in the day, so it will be nice to have dinner & meet up. Movie starts @ 7:30.

What time does the meet & greet start @ the Canyon?

Pete

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 405

Great Pete!

Look forward to meeting you.  How does 4:30 or 5:00 sound for timing?  I know it's early, but it would give folks a chance to eat if they want before the movie and we will still have time to visit. 

Cynthia

Not Ranked
Posts 31
Points 750

Cynthia-

5:00pm sounds good. That would give 2 hrs for drinks/eating/visiting & half an hour to get to the auditorium and find a seat before the movie starts @ 7:30.
Looking forward to meeting you too & I HATE eating alone, so I'm excited about the opportunity for fellowship.

Can we get a shout-out from more than 3 participants?

Pete

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 172
Points 20,370

Hey, everyone,

Just had to chime in here: the movie will actually begin at 8 pm now, rather than 7:30. (So that gives you a little more time to hang out!) I think that's great that you're meeting at Cafe 36 beforehand--great restaurant, you will enjoy it.

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 93
Points 1,310

any time is good for us.  we eat early, so five is fine.  Hope some other folks jump on.

Not Ranked
Posts 31
Points 750

Allison-Thanks for the info on the movie time, and are you going to be @ the conference/and or dinner?

Cynthia- Are we meeting @ Phantom Canyon or  Cafe' 36?

Daniel, Karlene, Linda, Nancy, Chuck, Erin, Jacqueline- any other takers?

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 172
Points 20,370

Yes, I will most certainly be at the event, but unfortunately I won't be able to make dinner before the showing of Local Color. We are hosting a reception for the instructors over at the Hayden Hays Gallery from 5-8, and then we will all be coming over the FAC to join everyone for the movie. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Page 3 of 5 (68 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS