New arist looking for honest critque

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80

I am a new artist and paint in acrylic on canvas and I am looking for honest reviews of my work.  Please let me know what you like, don't like and how I could improve. Thank you

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80

I could not get more than one picture to link so I am adding a couple in the reply section.  Thank You Again for your time

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80

The first one is titled "Cow part Uno" (I am painting the next two now) Next is "Hiding in the Shadows", and this one is titled "Pocahontas"

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80

The last one I'll post I call "The Morning After"  Once again thank you for your time looking at my work as I said I am very new at painting and I look forward to getting some feedback.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40
scroungling wrote
on 16 May 2014 9:58 AM

not a critiquer but this is great man, i feel ya

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
Augi wrote
on 16 May 2014 4:05 PM

Than you,

I'm glad you like my work.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 56
Points 1,270
mcgreedy wrote
on 16 Jun 2014 4:10 PM

Wow....if this is from a new artist can't wait to see your progress....the cow seems flat....need some contrast in background i think....the morning after is great design....i am always looking at the negative space....

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 80
Augi wrote
on 16 Jun 2014 8:21 PM

Mcgreedy,

Thank you for your critique, I will keep in mind the negative space. Yes I am a new artist when I did these paintings I had been painting less than a month (2 weeks is probably more accurate).  I now have been painting two almost three months and have completed about 30 paintings include my first abstracts in which I painted a series of 7.  I will try to upload a few of my more recent paintings in the next day or two.  I would love to get more feedback. Thank you again for your comments it is very much appreciated. 

Augi

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS