Getting back in the game!

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 275
MeganJo215 wrote
on 15 Apr 2014 11:15 AM

I haven't created anything new in a long while, and recently realized how much I missed it! So, here are some of my older pieces, and I would love your opinions of them. Thank you!

This one is from a college class. It turned out a lot better than I expected, but I drew the gridlines too dark so I'm really not sure how to finish it out (or if I should even try to finish the background).

This was a still-life project with soft pastels. 

This one was my first "real" project in high school. A portrait of a friend.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 542
Points 4,530
on 15 Apr 2014 2:11 PM

Megan—

It looks like you have a lot of talent! Just have fun and draw as often as you can. You will find that over a period of time your work will look better and better.

I suggest drawing. Just use the tools you have around to get started. When you can, visit an art supply store and gradually add the the pencils and paper that interest you. Once you are back at it, stop in at a book store and take a look at the drawing books that are available.

Best of luck—

Paul

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 275
MeganJo215 wrote
on 17 Apr 2014 3:01 PM

Thanks so much, Paul! I appreciate your feedback. I will definitely continue to work on improving, and will post new pieces as I go along. :)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
Tdubya wrote
on 5 May 2014 3:07 AM

Hi Megan, you have great talent... I agree with Paul to just carry on and enjoy... As for re-working the first picture I wouldn't because you would also have to deal with the faint negative grid lines going across the face. It stands on it's own as a piece of work at a point in time when you were younger. Wish I could draw as well as this. 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS