Drawing eyes - has potential?

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 100
LeanneMorril wrote
on 8 Apr 2014 7:34 PM

Hi there,

Over the Summer holidays I started a small project to increase my skill in drawing realistic human features, I started with eyes and I managed to get a couple done which I think are pretty good for a beginner.

My question is do you think these have potential and if so what advice would you give me to continue drawing in a realistic style.

Just to be fair my love is painting and I work with acrylic (at the moment) in an abstract style, I love Agnes Martin, Brice Marden, Sean Scully and Ralph Hotere (New Zealand).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 541
Points 4,525
on 9 Apr 2014 11:02 AM

Leanne—

This is the way to start! You are doing a fine job. I keep saying this — "You learn to draw by drawing". It is a life-long learning process.

Good Luck,

Paul

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 275
MeganJo215 wrote
on 9 Apr 2014 11:07 AM

These look great! I would agree with Paul. Just keep drawing, and they will keep improving. :)

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 100
LeanneMorril wrote
on 10 Apr 2014 6:06 PM

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for the encouragement, I really enjoyed doing these drawings but there never seems to be enough time to sit down and 'do' more.

kind regards

Leanne.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 100
LeanneMorril wrote
on 10 Apr 2014 6:08 PM

Hi there,

Great to have some replies and thanks for your comment, I will try to extend my narrative to include a nose next time..

Leanne

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 155
KellyW91 wrote
on 18 Apr 2014 5:18 AM

Beautiful!  I like how one can translate the elements from color to graphite only, it is magical. 

Exporting Art - A DEDICATED ONLINE RESOURCE FOR THE ART WORLD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS