Contacting staff

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
67 Posts
Points 1,385
dcorc posted on 20 Oct 2008 5:38 PM

Is there a list of who the staff are on this site, what their reponsibilities are, please?

Furthermore, how may members go about contacting them privately?

Dave

• | Post Points: 20

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 75 Contributor
894 Posts
Points 1,467,685
Verified by Karyn

There has been a Contact link added to the footer for the website where you can find all of the staff as well as the moderator list.  You may not always be able to contact the editorial staff directly, but you will always be able to reach me via private conversation and I can get in touch with specific staff if needed.

Also, there are now Docents on the site, who are here as greeters and helpers for new members.  There is not a list for them yet, but you will notice them by the title under their names.

I hope this helps your concerns, Dave.  Let me know if you need anything else.

Karyn Meyer-Berthel

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Points 10,235

The simplest way to contact anyone on the site is to go to the "people" section and click on the listing for each member. The members of our staff are all there -- Steve Doherty, Brian Riley, Bob Bahr, Allison Malafronte, and David Pyle. You can also respond to the blogs that we post from time to time.

Thanks, Steve

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
172 Posts
Points 1,500

i have tried to contact staff through thier profiles but cannot there is no link

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
67 Posts
Points 1,385

Thank you  - at least this serves as a list for members - however:

1. Until you read the individual profiles, there is nothing that flags up those members as staff. They are difficult enough to find within the current membership, but, unless you are already "in the know", will become virtually impossible as the site grows.

2. Having found said staff members, I've just discovered you can only have a "conversation" with members who have already accepted a request for "friendship".

3. "admin" is stated on its profile as being a joint account, and not checked every day.

4. responding to blogs risks correspondance (which may be intended to be confidential) being made public; and making "comments" certainly seems to do so.

With respect, unless I've misunderstood, I believe this needs some further thought as to how it could be better set up, both technically and organisationally.

Dave

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
894 Posts
Points 1,467,685
Verified by Karyn

There has been a Contact link added to the footer for the website where you can find all of the staff as well as the moderator list.  You may not always be able to contact the editorial staff directly, but you will always be able to reach me via private conversation and I can get in touch with specific staff if needed.

Also, there are now Docents on the site, who are here as greeters and helpers for new members.  There is not a list for them yet, but you will notice them by the title under their names.

I hope this helps your concerns, Dave.  Let me know if you need anything else.

Karyn Meyer-Berthel

Top 500 Contributor
172 Posts
Points 1,500

super :)

Top 500 Contributor
67 Posts
Points 1,385

Excellent, Karyn - thank you.

I know how much work goes into implementing new features on boards, so its much appreciated.

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS