The Visual Arts As My Career

This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
MSquared94 wrote
on 13 Feb 2014 11:18 AM

I'm currently in my first year, studying Forensic Science at the University of Toronto Mississauga. Lately I've been having thoughts in the back of my head to pursue the arts as my career. Initially I applied to a visual arts program at OCAD but unfortunately I didn't have a portfolio ready for the interview date. As you know now I missed the interview date and eventually got lazy. I guess doubt got the best of me. Instead of reapplying I ended up going back to high school for a victory lap in order to achieve the prerequisites needed for the program I'm taking now. I'm not doing so well in my first year. I think it's due to the fact that I decided to choose Forensic Science as my career path last minute. I thought it was cool and interesting. Art has always been my forte though. I don't think my critiquing, techniques are up to par though. More beginner than experienced. That is also one of the reasons I didn't choose to reapply. I felt my artwork would be criticized greatly for my poor techniques. Another reason I didn't reapply was financial and job issues. How can I support my family pursuing art as my career. Please help me I need advice. I'm so lost right now. What should I do?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS