emergency karismacolor addict..... need replacement asap

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
bibimoonunit wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 5:43 PM

hello there. please help me find a replacement for my much beloved karismacolors. i managed to buy a massive ammount of them just after they went out of production but im running out ! i have some big projects coming up and i dont have enough karismas to do it .  all my favourite colours are gone. im looking for a replacement , it would be helpful if it was a similar pencil that could be used with my karismas? i think they are oil based but im not sure?  ive heard rumblings of  the qulaity of prismacolour( have tried these .. seem great !)? polychromos? . would be great if i could use these with my existing pencils.   must have good blending ability , great bright opaque colours.. also live in very hot climate... many thanks fellow pencil enthusiasts for any help or advice .. much appreciated .. moonunit over and out x

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 124
Points 1,995
on 8 Feb 2014 3:34 PM

I would recommend Prismacolors.  I use them exclusively.  They're very blend-able, you can get incredibly vibrant colors, they are indeed oil-based, and in addition to the regular, softer colored pencils they sell a Verithin variety which are harder and let you get a really crisp edge on something if need be.  I'll post a couple examples of some things I did with them if that helps.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS