CHALLENGE #40 - February 2014

This post has 336 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 3 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 6 Feb 2014 9:55 PM

Claudia, your fasching/carneval characters are great. I like how you placed the characters in different directions and the background with all the people and buildings all in one colour. It gives the painting nice depth. You have done such a good job with the coloured pencil on all the details of the costume.

Marsha, glad to hear you are starting to feel better.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,680

thanks all , i am glad you all liked my Watercolor painting.

Claudia:- Ur carnival color pencil sketch beautiful. I liked the depth.Thx for posting it.

Water color on A3 size paper

Please see the full size image in Member Gallery.

Please like my Facebook Page to see my Art work:- http://www.facebook.com/ShameerKhanFineArtsPaintings

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,355
Claudia S. wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 5:58 AM

Shameer, you created  a nice loose and dynamic watercolor of the town and castle. The diffenent tones of yellow you used are beautiful and give it a bit of a spring feeling.Or, I have to correct mysef here, with the trees in the shades of red it could be also early autum, anyway it is a very nice composition and the warm colors are good for our souls over here.Wink. Very nice. I looked at it in the member gallery,  too. ..Thanks for posting it.

Charlie, Marsha  and Shameer thanks for the comments on my Fasching character

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,355
Claudia S. wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 6:11 AM

Just a quick note, I'm driving to my parents this weekend and won't be online regularly, you might not even notice with the time difference.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 12,300
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 7:57 AM

Thanks to all for the nice thoughts on my new avatar, and for the comments on the sketches,  No I don't think I will add any paint to them they are just sketches.  I'm not happy with one of the skates so I plan to work on it and yes they need to be grounded with a little shading.  Thanks again.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 7:58 AM

Claudia, you handled stripes beautifully before and now checks! Nice job. Like how you made the crowd recede with the diff. coloring and also made the main char. stand out this way. Have a nice trip this wkend.!

Shameer Khan - I think this last one is your best work to date, but that's my opinion. Great job with everything.

Marsha - no need to apologize at all. I value your opinion, but glad to find out you were able to see the full image later.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 730
Points 12,300
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 8:04 AM

Marsha,  funny you mention the Grand Canyon, I grew up in Idaho which also has canyons not as big as yours but nice.  Thanks again for the comments.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 8:21 AM

Shameer, your town and castle is very well done. You managed to get a lot of detail with the watercolour and I love the warm colours.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 8:50 AM

Claudia...Your latest carnival charactors are really well done and I hope your mother enjoys the drawing of the bears too!

Shameer...I really like the cityscape work you've done in the watercolor! Very warm and inviting.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,680
Shameer Khan wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 9:02 AM

Claudia- As u said i was more concentrating on composition. thanks for your comments i  am very glad , happy week end.

Joyce- Go for it .

Kim- thanks for the comment but i feel the best one is yet to come.

Bailey- thanks for liking my Facebook page. Yes the paper size is 11 x 16 so i did plan to cover all.

Please like my Facebook Page to see my Art work:- http://www.facebook.com/ShameerKhanFineArtsPaintings

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,680
Shameer Khan wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 9:04 AM

Thanks Catherine for your comments , I am very glad you liked it.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 10:14 AM

Shameer Khan - I was careful to say "to date" because I believe you're exactly right. Look fwd. to more!

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 11:36 AM

In keeping with the theme, I thought of this watercolour I did some time ago, when I fist started painting. My  granddaughter in my flower garden, each dear to my heart. This is the spring with short iris, chives and larger alium, in front is creeping phlox. For anyone interested the chives are a fav of bees, and the larger alium a fav of butterflies. Kayla looks a little older than she was and although her arms are long, not quite that long. I gave it to her for her birthday so don't not sure of  the size, app 8x10 on arches w/c paper.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,548
Points 51,925
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 3:25 PM

Shameer,  very nice work.

Bonnie, this is very nice, Iespecially like the little girl.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,521
Points 24,405
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Feb 2014 6:49 PM

Bonnie your painting of your granddaughter and the flower garden is beautiful.  If you had not mentioned the arm I would not have noticed it being a little long.  I wished I would have something like that from my grandparents.  She will treasure it especially when she is older.   There are a lot of darks and highlights that makes it more interesting. 

Very well done.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 6 of 23 (337 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next >  ... Last » | RSS