Challenge CHATTER - 2014

This post has 313 Replies | 14 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 1 Jan 2014 8:49 AM

Welcome to the Challenge CHATTER - 2014 thread.

This is the place for you to post and chat about things not related to the specific Challenges.   It's an opportunity for us all to share our joys, concerns or just the day to day routine and let us all get acquainted. The Challenge CHATTER thread will run annually rather than changing monthly as our Challenges do.

If you are responding to a comment on a previous Challenge CHATTER thread, it would be less confusing if you quote the comment you are responding to and respond in the current Challenge CHATTER thread.

Our little corner of Artist Daily, AMPC, is growing and sometimes it's difficult to remember who posted what when we are replying to someone or reading other's replies. With that in mind, please be sure to sign your posts with the name you wish to be addressed by. When you are responding to someone's specific post, please use their name so everyone will know who you are responding to. If you would like, it is really easy to just create a "signature line" that will automatically appear at the end of all of your posts. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 1 Jan 2014 8:53 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!  Let's make this a great year of creativity and beautiful art!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 285
maryleehane wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 9:59 AM

Happy New Year, Sam! 

I am brand new here. Thought I would start off my new year by joining an artistic community :)

I start art school in a week and am excited to have a place where I can turn to for inspiration and artistic direction.

All the best,

Mary

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 1 Jan 2014 10:26 AM

Mary, welcome.  We at Artist Daily are very pleased to have you join us, to get to know you and to see your artwork.  What type of artwork do you plan to do in your classes?  Watercolor? Oil? Pastel? Or just general design and composition?  Whatever it is, it should be exciting.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 1 Jan 2014 11:18 AM

This post is just to bring this thread to the top of the page.  We should do our chatting in this thread now.  We can respond to posts in the previous Chatter thread here.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 491
Points 7,435
karend84 wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 11:35 AM

Oil on canvas 16x20

I started the New year by finishing a painting of my Grandson I started in the summer.  It proved to be a challenge with the pose I chose so I had to put it away for awhile and then come back.  The features blowing on the clarinet were frustrating but I am happy with the final result.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 1 Jan 2014 12:07 PM

Karen, you should be happy with the results.  It's a very nice portrait.  You have good skin tones and his hair looks really good.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 12:32 PM

Karen, a great start on the New Year to finish your Grandson's portrait. It is so lovely, I can understand why you are pleased with it. I really like his hand and as Sam mentioned his hair and skin tone are great. Nice rich colour for his shirt. Nicely done.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,775
Turps245 wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 2:33 PM

Sammy, thanks for getting us up and running for 2014!! 

Mary, welcome to the forum and good luck with your new venture. We all encourage each other and have fun here so I hope you will share your work and concerns here. You can also try a challenge to get your artists hands warmed up here ready for art school! 

Karen, you did a great job with your grandson's portrait. It is a difficult angle but you caught him blowing his flute nicely. Glad you started off the year with him.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 370
Points 8,105
Claudia S. wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 2:37 PM

Karen, what a lovely portrait. My youngest is playing the clarinet und you did a great job on the lips and cheeks. The lips are realy straight and the cheeks are not blown up. Perfect clarinet pose;)

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 370
Points 8,105
Claudia S. wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 2:38 PM

Oops, forgot.

Happy new Year!!!

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 1 Jan 2014 5:48 PM

Mary, welcome to our group! I look forward to seeing your art!

Karen, lovely work on your clarinetist grandson's portrait. That activity has to be one of the most difficult to paint because of the position of the mouth and surrounding muscles, but you did a great job. Wonderful work, too, on the dark blue - denim, perhaps - shirt.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 6:13 PM

Happy New Year everyone...

Welcome Mary.   this will be a great site for you to practice your art when you aren't in your class.

Karen:  I agree with everyone on your Grandson's portrait playing the clarinet.   I especially like the way you have done the hands and the lighting on them as well as the skin tones.   great job.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 404
Points 6,160
NealeyPea wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 6:47 PM

Whoopsie, I didn't see the New Year's chatter is up.....Thank you Sam!

I'll re-post my first drawing of 2014 here ~ a doodle a day keeps the crazy away!!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 404
Points 6,160
NealeyPea wrote
on 1 Jan 2014 7:15 PM

Hello Mary and welcome to the group!  You are so fortunate to be starting art school.  Look forward to seeing more of you here!Big Smile

Karen your oil painting of your Grandson is excellent.  The highlights on the clarinet make it so realistic and he is a little cutie ~ FAB!!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 21 (314 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS