CHALLENGE # 39 JANUARY 2014

This post has 496 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 984
Points 14,330
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 8:19 AM

Marsha, thank you so much for thinking of me and my winter pastime. This is a lovely fun time, full of activity painting. You have nice interest in all the different hats and the curling stones and broom. My yearly bonspiel is starting on Friday so this is perfect timing Marsha.  

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 375
Points 8,175
Claudia S. wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 9:14 AM

Kids are back in school and when they do homework. Mom plays around with pen and pencil.

Today a black permanent ink signiture pen fell into my hands.Proportions are a bit off. Feel free to criticize it.So I learn for my next attempt.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 7 Jan 2014 10:37 AM

I had to Google curling and now I know something new.  Marsha, you've created a fine image of the game.  It looks like a cold, gray winter day.  Good shadows and people proportions.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 7 Jan 2014 10:44 AM

Claudia, you certainly know how to handle that pen.  You did a great job on the faces and the clothing.  I like how you suggested a background. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 919
Points 20,295
Hearadh wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 11:13 AM

Hello Claudia...sparrows..I am not sure the wings (middlebird) are in the correct place. Did you refer to a 'photo? Nevertheless lovely fluffed up feathers. Background just right.

The Ink drawing of the ladies is very strong, the lady bending over is the most convincing.

Geri...no offence taken ref. sparrows! They are very noisy and cheeky even in this weather. Sorry about your dog..my first collie collided with a 'bus.

Cristin...agree with all the comments made.....the glow throught the trees makes it almost abstract.

Marsha...thanks for all your kind comments on my work...your busy curling painting is most interesting because I have only ever seen the sport on TV......and that is a totally different 'ball' game.

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,474
Points 23,630
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 12:30 PM

Claudia I am impressed with your ink work.  Very nice with great value range.  I think that is what it takes fr a good drawing a lot of contrast.  A job well done and your proportions aren't off that bad.  I would be proud if it was mine.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 658
Points 10,625
karend84 wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 2:14 PM

Kim, nice to see you back.  I too love your avatar.  

Claudia your poem is wonderful.  Your CP is beautiful.  I love the soft background, you tree limbs are perfect and the birds feathers are great.

Cristina, I love the dramatic paintings.  The skaters form is so graceful.  I really like the forest closing in on the sun.

Marsha The shadows on the ice and the expressive figures of your curling painiting is great.  Well done.

Claudia, Wow ink!  I'm not brave enough to attempt.  I love the background and contrast.  Your proportions look good from the waist up.  I think the legs need to be almost doubled to stay in proportion but I love the drawing.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 658
Points 10,625
karend84 wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 2:19 PM

I loved the colors in the waxwing and had to give it a try.  My first bird.  Oil on 8x10 canvas panel.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,459
Points 81,600
on 7 Jan 2014 2:34 PM

Claudia, what a great ink work, love their expression, just beautiful!

Cristina

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,459
Points 81,600
on 7 Jan 2014 2:38 PM

Karen, this is a lovely painting, the colors, the shape of the bird, texture and details are beautiful!

Cristina

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 919
Points 20,295
Hearadh wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 2:48 PM

Hello Karen......well doneSmile

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 532
Points 8,330
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 6:39 PM

Claudia what a nice CP drawing of the three sparrows.  They are modeled so nicely and sooo fluffy looking.  Good composition too.  Great job!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

It's not a photo, it's art.  ~ A Gal Named Sam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 532
Points 8,330
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 6:42 PM

Jan ~ That's an interesting painting of wild horses.  I esp. like the cropping - great portrayal of kicked-up snow.

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 532
Points 8,330
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 6:46 PM

Joyce ~ You did a GREAT JOB on your "bird of paradise" flower.  GREAT colors, GREAT form and GREAT composition.  You had better not stick this one under your bed!!!

Nealey

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 532
Points 8,330
NealeyPea wrote
on 7 Jan 2014 6:55 PM

Cristina ~ You have such a way of painting moods.  "Sunny Night" is good and I absolutely love your ice dancer "PASSIONS" painting.  Her pose is remarkable.  You have really captured a feeling here.  Reminds me of Wiccans dancing around the bonfire & Native Americans in their Ceremonial dances.

Nealey

Page 10 of 34 (497 items) « First ...  < Previous  8 9 10 11 12  Next >  ... Last » | RSS