Opinions on French easel

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
on 2 Dec 2013 9:02 PM

My girlfriend is a talented artist and wants a French easel for Christmas but I don't know what to get. I want to get a good quality one for her. I've read that Julian easels are great so I ordered an authentic one from Amazon but the reviews on it are pretty bad and I'm regretting my purchase. It looks like the jullian replicas have way better reviews than the authentic easel (not to mention they're half the price). Can anyone guide me to a good quality French style easel please?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 5,640
on 3 Dec 2013 12:31 PM

I came across Easy Easels on line a bit of time ago - this is a retired engineer (if I remember correctly) who made an easel for his sister who paints, and now sells a line of handmade easels, including french style.  You may want to visit his site in your search.  They look really sturdy.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 5,640
on 3 Dec 2013 12:35 PM

He is a retired house building - so much for the memory ;)

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
on 3 Dec 2013 9:46 PM

Thanks for the input! I really appreciate it!

Not Ranked
Posts 46
Points 950
Eldridge2012 wrote
on 9 Dec 2013 1:24 AM

my husband bought me my first...it was very pricey BUT its UTTERLY new to the market- in fact the Australian developer JUST sold the patent to US manufactures. I ordered mine directly from him. i will include his you tube page so you can check it out...ITS INSANE!!

every artist should have one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suAVV3BqHIQ

"The Earth with our Art - is just EH"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS