Challenge #37 - November 2013

This post has 498 Replies | 21 Followers rated by 5 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 29 Nov 2013 10:01 PM

Jose, your pastels are (no surprise) just lovely! You are a master of light and reflections and exquisite colors. So wonderful to see you post your work here.

Jen, it is so cute to see Jinx batting at your hand while you're drawing! I think he wants you to pay attention to him and him alone!

Marsha, I've moved forward on the shepherd boy sketch and will start painting tomorrow morning (I've learned to stop when I start wanting to hurry - that always leads to disaster!).

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,426
Points 101,535
jfgarcia wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 12:37 AM

Thank you all for your comments, the paintings are small, I would say 12x12 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 2:25 AM

Sammy so happy to see you back... hope you are doing well and thank you for the compliment

Jen:  I love the photo of Jinx.   that is adorable,   he wants to draw too.  

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 2:39 AM

I would personally like to THANK EVERYONE for participating this month.   I have enjoyed the beautiful art that came out of this challenge and most of all, the wonderful folks who joined in and participated even if they just popped in for a bit just to say hello.....  

I see the December Challenge is up and ready to go, so keep up the momentum and its not to late to still exchange addresses for the card exchange.  

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 7:15 AM

Marsha ...thank you for hosting and posting the great challenges for us!

Cristina...Your watercolor effects are just beautiful! It reminds me of old satin that has been rained on and the colors are just gorgeous!

Alex...Your shepherd boy is coming along nicely. I think the shadows and colors in that photo are just wonderful. I'm anxious to see the finished painting!

Jose...Very beautiful and well done on all four of the challenge photos!

Jen...I used to have a cat who like to help like Jinx. Very sweet photo.

Marsha..."Help! I can't find my reindeer, have you seen them?" has great textures and shapes. I like how you've combined three photos to get the one. Very nice watercolor work!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 30 Nov 2013 8:05 AM

Marsha, you do such a wonderful job hosting November and opening the holiday art season with your beautiful reference photos. I'm coming out of this month with UFOs, so hope you don't mind stragglers. Thanks again for your inspiring array of photos and the beautiful work they prompted from all of us.

Alex

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 12:55 PM

Happy Birthday Jen...

Catherine:  Thank you much

Alex:   Due to my busy Concert Schedule I have several UFO's as well.   today we have a SOLD OUT CROWD.  I need a bigger place for these concerts.....  This one I had to make seating chart due to the limit.  I will call it Sardine Day...   I will work on my UFO when I get home just to unwind......

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,719
Points 44,795
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 2:02 PM
Thanks for the good wishes and for a month of fun. Such great references to inspire everyone. Good luck with your Sardine show it sounds exhausting and a blast!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 915
Points 13,235
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 4:36 PM

Marsha, what a wonderful month you gave us with all the Christmas card themes and Holiday photos. I am also still working on a couple, have them sketched and hopefully will have painted soon. Thanks you for hosting the challenge.

Jose, wow what a lovely collection of work for the challenge. They are all lovely, each one is awesome. I think my favorite would be the Georgie bear with the pear.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 7:13 PM

Hello Marsha!  That's a lovely watercolor of "Woodie Santa"!  Using the background from the other photo is very fitting too!  I can't believe this is the end of the month already.  Thanks for all the great photos and moderating. 

Alex, nice sketch of the shepherd.  Will you be trying a WC with this??

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 7:19 PM

Jose ~ Good for you!!  You did four pastels; I'm so impressed.  Your work is awesome - I'm sure you have heard that before though.  I especially like your rendering of the bells; the composition just glows using black paper!! Star

Nealey

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 30 Nov 2013 7:43 PM

Hi Nealey, the shepherd boy is destined to be done with WC pencils with touches of gouache in the hair and on the lamb (not a WC expert, so thank heavens for gouache). Here's where I am now ... No comments necessary, just checking in! The red cloak isn't done - just putting preliminary color down ...

Alex

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 406
Points 6,170
NealeyPea wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 8:10 PM

Hi again  Alex!  I just saw your post before logging off!!  This is a great start to your mixed media painting ~ the face has some nice modeling and good darks in the hair.   Happy happy joy joyStarStar

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 8:15 PM

Jen no fair you get help with your drawings

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 30 Nov 2013 8:17 PM

Alex your Shepard boy is going to be great

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 28 of 34 (499 items) « First ...  < Previous  26 27 28 29 30  Next >  ... Last » | RSS