Challenge #37 - November 2013

This post has 507 Replies | 22 Followers rated by 5 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,477
Points 29,955
wetpaperfan wrote
on 31 Oct 2013 7:15 PM

Welcome to ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE #37 – November 2013  Last year was so much fun lets do it again....
The Christmas and Winter subjects are being posted this month to give artist's the time needed to paint Christmas cards like we did last year.    Collect addresses via private message and let’s have our second annual Christmas Card Exchange.  Enjoy!
Challenge: Create artwork based on any or all of these photos and themes. Use any medium and any style. Stick to the photo(s) exactly or just use them as a starting point - feel free to change colors, composition, add or subtract elements or take a complete departure. In other words, HAVE FUN and keep painting!
I just couldn’t choose so I’ve included many...   someone has to find something here they might find inspiring. 
hands, copper kettles, Santa, sleighs, Jingle bells, winter, birds, cat, sweets, decorations and much more including some Bears....    Many photos are my own and others I have permission and others are public domain.   but please ask my permission if you are not affiliated with Artist Daily or are not apart of the Monthly Challenges...   thanks you.

Target Posting Date:    November 1, 2013 – November 30, 2013
BE SURE TO POST YOUR WORK HERE IN THIS THREAD SO OUR CHALLENGES WON'T GET CONFUSED WITH EACH OTHER.
Another posting note: When you post your painting, be sure to “sign” your post with the name that you wish for participants to use when replying to your post. We are gaining new participants all the time and it is sometimes difficult to remember who posted what. An alternative would be to create a “signature line” that will automatically appear on each one of your posts. (If anyone needs instructions on how to do that, let Sam or Jen or myself  know and we will send instructions to you.)

Happy Painting!

These are my photos of my Bear George I took yesterday

#1 Bear with a Pear   #2  George says "Let's Decorate"

The following photos I took at the Bellagio in Las Vegas for their fall show (pumpkins, mums),  and then their Winter Show (polar bear and Penquins)

We always think of Turkey Day so here are two beauties.   I got permission to use these.

here are some more birds that fit the November December theme...

My grandson works for a winery in No California and gave me the next two pictures of grape harvest and a Sierra meadow

several years ago I went to middle Nevada and we came across some old ghost towns that had some great photo opportunities.   the Outhouse is for Fred.   the Wagon was just so special to see. I would call these winter in the High Desert

Speaking of Fred, I found this photo of a Still and thought of Bright Copper Kettles just a few of my "Favorite Things"

Santa might like a taste, but please not toooo much he has much work to do......

Then I had to add the real deal for Holiday sake.... Bright Copper Kettles and Smells of the Holidays

We cant forget Cookies and Sweets and things that taste good....

Red Wattle pigs,enjoying a tasty pumpkin treat,    raised by and permission by  Walt Wickham

Now its getting close to that time of year, when little ones look for Sleighs full of toys,

and Santa full of Cheer.....

Santa is at the North Pole making toys and nice things for those who believe.....

I have to include my Woody Santa....  by the carver posted above.

the Above three pictures are with permission by J York. and J Songer... 

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way........

I Hear Those Sleigh Bells Ringing....In a One Horse Open Sleigh......

The prancing a pawing of each little hoof....  What do you hear....

Santa has a sleigh full of toy and good wishes

hang those stocking with care....

In Hope of St Nicholas.....   This is a picture I took of my Nosey Cat.... she helps me wrap presents and has to have her own sheet of wrapping paper or she will wreck havoc with the already wrapped ones. She keep the same sheet all season in a special spot on the floor.

Here in Las Vegas we dream of a White Christmas

Looking forward to Decorating the tree and house after Thanksgiving

But will always remember the First Christmas... when the sheperds in the fields were led by a "Guiding  Light...."

anyone outside of Artist Daily will have to ask me for permission to use any of the photos in this series.

I have had fun for the last few months putting these together..  I know there are many but ohhhhh the possibilities... 

please enjoy and I look forward to see your finished artwork...   "THINK... CHRISTMAS CARD POSSIBILITIES"  

HAPPY PAINTING,  

Marsha R

Wetpaperfan

MARSHA

It would be nice if we messed up we could simply press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 365
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,056
Points 46,475
on 31 Oct 2013 10:38 PM

Awwww, Marsha, so great 

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,642
Points 26,405
Berkenstock wrote
on 31 Oct 2013 10:42 PM

Marsha nice photos.  I have my eye on a couple of them.

I jumped the gun on Christmas and did this last night.  It is colored pencil on Canson Colortime paper.  The paper in the photo is a little yellow looking and the focus could have been better but I am pleased.  First time ti do a shiney object.  5x7

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,056
Points 46,475
on 31 Oct 2013 10:46 PM

Marsha, I got this notice when I tried to post a comment about your wonderful pix ...

You have posted to a forum that requires a moderator to approve posts before they are publicly available.

Geri, it sent my comment on your drawing to the moderator, too. Grrrr. You did a great job capturing the smooth, shiny surface of the ornament and the distortion in the reflection.

Alex

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,056
Points 46,475
on 31 Oct 2013 10:49 PM

Geri, you really captured the smooth, shiny look of the ornament and the distortion of the reflection. Nice work!

Alex

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,002
Points 14,600
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 31 Oct 2013 11:02 PM

Wonderful photos Marsha with lots of inspiration. It will be hard to chose from this great selection. 

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,002
Points 14,600
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 31 Oct 2013 11:09 PM

Geri, good for you getting a jump on things, nice reflections and colour. 

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,126
Points 23,595
Hearadh wrote
on 1 Nov 2013 3:41 AM

Hello Marsha...thanks for all the references......something there for everyone of us.

I did ask in Chatter how to add a signature line (the saying) and also what did the Christmas card exchange mean....

Sarah

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,064
Points 51,570
Turps245 wrote
on 1 Nov 2013 11:13 AM
Wowwy Marsha you outdid yourself this time. Lots of inspiration so little time!! Thanks girl!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,477
Points 29,955
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Nov 2013 2:32 PM

Geri:   boy you tackled a good one.   I like to do shiny things but it is a challenge.   Just think of every thing you see as being a shape and try not to look at the content.... just concentrate on the shape of color....    Good job.   try to take another picture with a more clear shot if you would...  

Bonnie, Alex and Jen, Sarah:   YUP,,,  many choices,   and I tried to keep Fred in mind as well  I wrote little excerpts under each group of photos.   

as the month goes on we will see some extraordinary painting from everyone,  I am looking forward to it.

MARSHA

It would be nice if we messed up we could simply press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over

C & C Always Welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 724
Points 11,525
NealeyPea wrote
on 1 Nov 2013 7:58 PM

WOW Marsha, 36 new Challenge photos!  Yes, everyone should find something here to kick start our creative processes.

Geri ~ An interesting study with reflections.  Is the paper colored & you used white CP?  or do I have it backwards!?!?

I'm looking forward to all the art that will be posted this month.

Oh I almost forgot, Marsha I love your cat!

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Nealey

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,642
Points 26,405
Berkenstock wrote
on 1 Nov 2013 8:50 PM

Nealey the paper is red (tomatoe to be exact ) and it is used for the mid range and the high lights are done with white and the shadows with black.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,064
Points 51,570
Turps245 wrote
on 1 Nov 2013 10:35 PM
Gerri, you made good use of the red paper and created a very festive painting. I like the reflections.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,126
Points 23,595
Hearadh wrote
on 2 Nov 2013 2:19 PM

Geese not turkeys...

Greeting hand done...the painting mounted on card........Not so merry for some!!!!!

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 733
Points 12,375
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 2 Nov 2013 8:15 PM

Marsha wow so many nice pictures to choose from good job!  I can see you thought long and hard on this nice job! 

Also I would love to receive cards from everyone so just ask and I will send my address to you all. 

Again Marsha nice job.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Page 1 of 34 (508 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS