Challenge # 33 - July 2013

This post has 522 Replies | 14 Followers rated by 7 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,050
Points 46,385
on 30 Jul 2013 8:56 AM

Hi Claudia, I just love the fact that you painted the turtle on ceramic tiles! (You did definitely post them in the right place, here on Geri's July Challenge thread.) The tiles are wonderful and I know someone who is a turtle-fancier will love them.

Geri, I second (or third) Sam's and Claudia's remarks. July was a very good month with a great theme, and your request for self-portraits clearly struck a positive chord with people. Excellent job.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,965
Points 49,815
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Jul 2013 10:00 AM
Claudia, I really like your turtle tiles. They came out really well. I hope they make a lot of money for your charity.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,965
Points 49,815
Turps245 wrote
on 30 Jul 2013 10:02 AM
Gerri, a big thank you for hosting this months challenge. I am still working on a couple of paintings from it. I wish I could have participated more.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 704
Points 11,510
karend84 wrote
on 30 Jul 2013 10:52 AM

Sam, Kim and Claudia, thank you for the nice comments on the Liily.

Claudia, the turtle tiles are fantastic.  Great job.

Geri, thank you for host this months challenge.  I enjoyed participating and viewing all the wonderful work.

Karen

C&Cs always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 30 Jul 2013 11:46 AM

Claudia, what terrific looking turtle tiles.  I would have a difficult time selecting one, since they are both so nice.  I guess if I was forced to choose, it would be the colorful one.  It makes me smile.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 30 Jul 2013 11:52 AM

Thank you Geri for taking the time to post July's challenge photos. I wasn't much of a participant this month but  everyone's work is so well done this month!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,679
Points 84,065
on 30 Jul 2013 12:55 PM

Hi Claudia, what a wonderful work and great idea to paint them on ceramic tiles, so beautifully done!!!! Great job!!!

Cristina

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 996
Points 14,495
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 30 Jul 2013 9:56 PM

Claudia, I just love your turtle tiles. They are the cutest things. Like Sam I am not sure which one I like best. They are both so different, having their own character. I'm sure they will be a good fundraiser.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 996
Points 14,495
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 30 Jul 2013 10:13 PM

Thank You Geri for hosting the July Challenge. Your Americana theme was great and the self portraits a real hit.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 31 Jul 2013 7:10 AM

Caudia, I agree with the others - tiles so well done. Agree with Sam in that while both are sure to go over great, the one with all glaze esp. caught my eye. Looks more painterly and I love that it's all ceramic. Reminds me when Sam and I were going to jump over chairs for one of Jen's beautiful fundraiser ptgs. a while back...I'll get my sprinting shoes on for these.Big Smile The outcome will be winning since both are lovely.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 384
Points 8,325
Claudia S. wrote
on 31 Jul 2013 12:19 PM

Alex, Jen, Karen, Cristina, Bonnie and Kim, thank you for the wonderful comments on my tiles. I will make a couple more tiles later this summer for the charity project. But thanks to the challenge I got nice ideas, what to draw on them.

C&C always welcome

Claudia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 31 Jul 2013 5:58 PM

I painted this one early in the month and just didn't post it. I have a hard time keeping up in here and I just wanted to let you all know I'm still around but not so active as before. This is on 93 lb. sketch/multimedia paper and is done with graphite and watercolor. It was just a sketch to see if I could get her left leg and wasn't really able to do it....yet ;) I'm practicing my figure drawings and will eventually be able to do a nicer dancer. Thanks again Geri for posting all the great pictures for July.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,050
Points 46,385
on 31 Jul 2013 6:23 PM

Catherine, so nice to see you! I love the fact that you put the mirror in - it adds interest to the painting, which is a lovely study.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 996
Points 14,495
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 31 Jul 2013 8:22 PM

Catherine, so nice to see your work. Lovely job on the dancer and I agree with Alex, the mirror adds another aspect to the painting that is nice. I always enjoy your style, it seems so spontaneous or natural.  .

I did this lily some time ago and posted in the gallery when I first looked at this site but thought it would be ok for the July challenge. It is 16 x 12" watercolour paper, watercolour lily and dark background with pastel leaves.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,965
Points 49,815
Turps245 wrote
on 31 Jul 2013 10:14 PM
Catherine, good to see you back here again. I think everyone is having a hard time keeping up especially if you miss a day or two! You have done a really good job with the dancer. Her pose looks realistic. .It is a difficult pose so cudos for doing a good job. Her left knee may be extending a bit further but you have the toe shoe sitting perfectly. I think the mirror idea is good but if she was facing it her face would be showing and her uplifted leg would be at a sharper angle. Maybe try this pose in front of a mirror and see what you have. Keep up the good work and pop in when you can.

Page 31 of 35 (523 items) « First ...  < Previous  29 30 31 32 33  Next >  ... Last » | RSS