New to Artist Daily

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 140
LThrasher wrote
on 11 Feb 2013 12:21 AM

I am a mostly self  taught artist and I specialize in graphite portraiture.  I have been studying independently for about 10 years now.

I'll just post a few pieces.  Comments and critique are always welcome.

Photo: This is finished.  Lost some of the likeness, but if at first you don't succeed....try try again and I will.

This is 2.5 x 3.5 miniture on ATC card.  I usually work 11 x 14

Photo: Miniature 2.5 x 3.5 in graphite Jamie at about 15 months

This another that I just finished same size.

Photo: You know you did it right when they cry....

This is 5 x 7 portrait of a friends pet

Photo: Finished, Framed and in the show.  Changed the title..."Modesty" she will be on display at EGCC from May 5th- May 19th in the SAA Spring Exhibit.  Wish me luck!!!

16 x 20 Charcoal and White pastel

Sorry about the crooked photo  16 x 20 graphite drawing of clay pipes

Photo: "The Bride" private collection of Theresa Smith

From a couple of years ago "The Bride" 16 x 20

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 66
Points 925
ivo55 wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 6:52 AM

Well you have an extraordinary talent and extremely good eye sides. 

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 140
LThrasher wrote
on 18 Feb 2013 3:15 PM

Thank you, but still so much to learn and practice before I getto where I want to be.  Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Laura

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,429
Points 51,045
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 19 Feb 2013 9:14 AM

THese are very good.  You should post your work on the "Members Art" gallery.  I love "The Bride".

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 66
Points 925
ivo55 wrote
on 19 Feb 2013 3:02 PM

If you can do the the practice with thinking (using your brain) in everything you do you can get better and quicker to where you wont to be.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 140
LThrasher wrote
on 21 Feb 2013 9:15 PM

Charles, I have posted these to the gallery.  They are several pages back by now :)  Thank you for your kind words and "The Bride" is one of my favorites too.

ivo, Yes, I have come to realize that is exactly what I need to do.  I have challenged myself to draw nearly everything these days freehand, however, I have not disciplined myself  to constantly measure and compare as I should.  And it shows.  Ah back to the drawingboard....sigh

Thanks for looking and commenting

Laura

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 203
Points 1,405
kushy wrote
on 8 Mar 2013 7:17 AM

Awesome work.Good drawings by you.

By seeing these drawings one thing I understood is Art is a god gift and adding interest to it makes one to be Expert in his work. 

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 140
LThrasher wrote
on 10 Mar 2013 3:02 PM

Kushy,

As children we all draw with crayons, markers, pencils, etc.  As we get older our interests shift....sports, music, dance or whatever.  If we have a true desire to create art we will focus all of our abillity towards art.  With time and practice we create our art and ourselves.  I would never consider myself an expert.  My standards are set way to high for that.  The experts in my opinion are artists such as Armin Mersmann, Linda Huber (Imaginee), Paul Lung.  There are many more.  Google them if you have never seen their work.  They are amazing graphite artists.

Thanks for looking and commenting,

Laura

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 255
on 10 Mar 2013 3:09 PM

Shalom,

Loved it all but the clay pipe drawing really impressed me, the unusual perspective and dark/light play are very impresive.

s. steiner

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS