Challenge 28. February, 2013

This post has 323 Replies | 13 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 2 Feb 2013 8:10 PM

Fred, this is a favorite! I agree with Sam that you did a very good job on the tree, which most of us find difficult, and the sky is exquisite (as usual). Your bear shows movement and personality.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,775
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Feb 2013 9:23 PM

Bonnie, Yes zantangle valantines I love them! Wonderful work on all of them. I have no problem if we get deluged in Zantagles as long as we are all having fun and creating beautiful artworks on our theme of the month! Maybe I will zentangle my Mum amd Dad!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,775
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Feb 2013 9:26 PM

Fred, I agree I did not think this an easy reference but you have done a great job with the tree and the lovely light which is what attracted me to it. The bear fits right in and makes it truly yours. Love it!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,775
Turps245 wrote
on 2 Feb 2013 9:33 PM

Sammy, Jim, Alex and Catherine, many thanks on your comments on my sketch. I may start over as their faces are about one inch around. May do more of a close up. I think I am too pooped tonight but we'll see. Thank you all for jumping in and participating in the challenge. Hope Marsha is feeling okay. I wonder where Joyce and Sandi are too. Have fun.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Feb 2013 2:08 AM

Jen Congratulation on your line up of great challenge pictures.  yea,  too  bad you weren't able to use those chocolate hearts...  oh well.  

I won't be around to much this month as It is Black History Month and Jazz Appreciation month which combined will make me crazy at the club this month...

Jim,  I love the cats,   I put my cat as my avatar, she is a tortie named Zena.  I especially like your cat with her paw up and getting ready to give it a lick and a wink....

Sam your keets are beautiful...  great colors...

Bonnie:   It looks like Shiela's Pen Tango pieces are going to be a great hit,  your hearts are terrific.   great job.

Fred,  I simply love the Old Frozen Tree with the bear quite a twist and quite good, good luck with the pastels.  I'm enjoying them too. 

Jen the sketch of your parents captures their moment,  I attempted the same one.   will post next.  

Alex : I was so glad to see you back,  I used the paper for last month's challenge.    fell  totally in love with it.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 3 Feb 2013 2:10 AM

Jen here is my attempt at the black and white picture of your cute parents.   what a fun picture.  

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 3 Feb 2013 10:17 AM

HB pencil on 6x9 multimedia sketch paper. There is a huge difference between working on drawing paper and working on multimedia sketch paper. I can see one place above the eye area that needs a little graphite taken out. I may try to take care of that later today. After so much graphite is layed onto the paper you start losing your option to lighten cleanly.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 3 Feb 2013 10:18 AM

Marsha you're drawing looks great. I like how you did the design on the dress. Very nice!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 3 Feb 2013 11:24 AM

Marsha, this is a very good pencil interpretation of the photo of Jen's parents - I like the fact that you "zoomed in" on them and think it gave more room for detail on the faces. OK, have to say it ... The dress! How wonderful! The pattern is subtly more distinct in places, a great touch.

Catherine, your comment about the difference between drawing paper and multimemedia paper is intriguing. Haven't used multimedia paper, so am wondering what difference youre noticing. This is a lovely drawing of the blue jay. The texture of the feathers and tree stump are beautifully done.

Alex

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 3 Feb 2013 11:31 AM

Does it look like a Bluejay?? It's supposed to be the Kingfisher from this months Challenge! lol

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 3 Feb 2013 11:40 AM

Thanks for your very nice comments Alex and Marsha

Marsha your drawing of Jens parents is super you have captured thier likeness very well .

Caterine beautiful sketch I don't understand paper differances so I can't comment on that but the bird turned out great

I see Fred jumped in again with a nice pastel always good to see a bear or two

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,420
Points 23,115
C. Brown wrote
on 3 Feb 2013 11:48 AM

Fred is that "red sky in the morning, Bears take warning"?  You're doing great with the pastels. I've never used them before.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,004
Points 45,750
on 3 Feb 2013 11:58 AM

Catherine, that settles it! Definitely have not had enough coffee today. Yes, it is a kingfisher, not a blue jay!

Alex

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,775
Turps245 wrote
on 3 Feb 2013 12:50 PM
Marsha, wonderful work on my parents! You got Dad's hair! He was a red head and he never lost his hair it just turned white like his Dad's. He was so proud of it and would never let you touch it. ( my fondest memories of HIS Dad was combing my Grandpa's hair.he died when I was six but I still remember) the dress patton is amazing on my Mum. Glad you tried this! We will miss you this month so hope you can pop in now and then. Take it easy (when you can)!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,718
Points 44,775
Turps245 wrote
on 3 Feb 2013 12:55 PM
Catherine, this is a lovely drawing of the Kingfisher. You have some very nice textures in the bark and in the feathers.you have captured the bird's fluffy softness nicely. Did you find the courser texture of the paper easier to manage? To me the smooth drawing paper is easier to correct but we all draw differently. Anyway your drawing is spot on and really well done!!

Page 3 of 22 (324 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS