mixed media

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 54
Points 1,140
vivien5 wrote
on 14 Oct 2008 5:07 AM

Hi  everyone Smile

As so much of my work mixes media it doesn't strictly fit a lot of the groups set up so far.

Does anyone else use mixed media?   would like to join a group based around it?  Any mix goes!

Below is a mixed media piece with cut and torn marbled paper (a newly learned thing marbling ) collage and watercolour with coloured pencil additions.

other times I'll mix cp or pastel with watercolour or acrylic or charcoal - all sorts of combinations, anything to get the effect that I want to achieve.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 172
Points 1,500
on 14 Oct 2008 4:22 PM

i love marbeling and this look very oceanic and expressive at the same time!

great stuff

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 54
Points 1,140
vivien5 wrote
on 15 Oct 2008 3:53 AM

thanks Jamie :>)

I've been getting sent all sorts of information via my blog on different techniques - like using shaving foam or wallpaper paste to float colours on, that I'm going to have to experiment with

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 54
Points 1,140
vivien5 wrote
on 19 Oct 2008 1:24 PM

This one is watercolour with watercolour pencils to draw into the damp washes and define some lines in the rocks - then when it was dry small areas of polychromos coloured pencils were glazed over  small areas to enhance subtle colour changes and get the wet shine ion the rocks where they reflected the sky.  Also a little white gouache to add to the white paper reserved for the surf and splatter  the splashes of foam. 

Anyone else feel like showing some mixed media work?  please?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 665
BlueBetween wrote
on 21 Oct 2008 7:10 PM

I love mixing media! I hate it when things don't play well together though, when certain inks won't paint over acrylics for example. But lately I've been mostly playing with fabric and acrylics and they like eachother.

Here is something I did with my son's class for an auction project - the kids drew the birds and trees and such and I painted and helped them put it all together.

And here is one I made for a friend for her baby's room:

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 54
Points 1,140
vivien5 wrote
on 22 Oct 2008 12:36 PM

Hi Pam

Fun!!!

I like the second one best, that limited colour scheme works well Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 665
BlueBetween wrote
on 12 Nov 2008 12:21 PM

Thanks Vivien :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,221
Points 51,415
Margo5 wrote
on 10 Jan 2010 5:25 PM

Another one of my experiments. 7 1/2 x 11 Arches 140 lb cold press. Ink and watercolor.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
on 24 Nov 2011 5:33 PM

I love mixed media and I feel the same way as you do.  I was turned down by a gallery owner that didn't like my work because it was too much texture, but I am not giving up the style that I love to do.

Pamela K. Jamieson

Duncan, British Columbia, Canada

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS