challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,268 Replies | 26 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 12 Jan 2013 2:27 PM

Very nice sentiment Jim,well done. Another flyer with gouache called Moonshine,Beer,Gold and Someone to Share it With 9x11 140# HP

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,044
Points 46,320
on 12 Jan 2013 2:29 PM

Jim, first, your flowers are beautiful. Second, the colors in the painting are lovely. And third, the expressiveness of the frog and the fairy princess is perfectly captured. I like his "hands," too. (Don't think he's going to give up any time soon!)

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 12 Jan 2013 2:36 PM

JIM - This is wonderful. I know it's about a theme, but I esp. love the flowers.

FRED - I see a story here and a lot of imagination. :)

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 12 Jan 2013 2:43 PM

Thanks Fred Alex and Kim

I like your moonshiners series Fred but I hope you bring the bears around once in a while too ,love the feet on the leprichan

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 12 Jan 2013 2:46 PM

Jim, I'll have to tell my hubby about flowers as a prelude for a kiss!!! Your flowers are beautiful and the fairy almost looks like a flower. The frog blends right in with those leaves. Nice warm background. Fun painting.

Fred, drat, I've been looking for the pot at the end of the rainbow and now it's gone to the lady in green.  It looks like a party is about to begin and the participants look well suited for each other.  Wish we could join them.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,044
Points 46,320
on 12 Jan 2013 3:16 PM

Fred, inquiring minds want to know ... Are you really the leprechaun and does Ruthie know about this strange woman in a forest hideaway? (Just kidding!) I love the exuberant feeling of this, and am enlarging it to see what you're doing with gouache that makes your application so nice on the grass and trees (I plan to copy what you're doing, as my gouache work isn't as expressive as yours.)

Alex

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 12 Jan 2013 3:46 PM

I think Fred and Jim should get together and do a mural somewhere. I bet that would be an awesome painting when they got done!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 12 Jan 2013 7:23 PM

This below is watercolor pencil, 5 x 7", 140lb CP Strathmore wc paper. I did this for another site's chall. ptg. and they had a ref. photo from 4FreePhotos. (The other site gets very little traffic, so it's nice to get some extra mileage from this ptg..) Eager to concentrate on this site's chall. ptg/s next.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 12 Jan 2013 8:00 PM

Kim, your water lilies are wonderful.  The painting looks like it's right out of an impressionistic museum book.  Beautiful, yummy colors and nice loose strokes.  The water looks glassy, as it should.  Very nice painting.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  Keep them coming.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,044
Points 46,320
on 12 Jan 2013 8:13 PM

Kim, this is beautiful! The "Impressionist" watercolor look is lovely, and you caught the reflection of the right-hand waterlily (or lotus - always confuse them) just perfectly. The colors look like sherbet ice cream - so pretty! 

Alex

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 12 Jan 2013 8:23 PM

Kim what a beautiful little watercolor! I really like the little touches of yellow you've put in and how the  light hits the right side of the stems. The reflections are very nice also.  It's such a great photo, I might try painting that too.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 12 Jan 2013 9:15 PM

SAM -  Your words are so encouraging, though definitely not deserved. Though I didn't do anything to alter the ptg. before uploading, I suspect you'd be a bit disappointed if you saw the real ptg.. However, I was pleased with it and glad  that you liked it. You really made my day (and week) when I read your comment! Thanks so very much.

ALEX - Thanks for your kind words.  Now I have sherbert on the brain but we're all out!  I almost forgot about the back flower (safe term since I'm not sure either) reflection so it's not as noticeable as it perhaps it could be. I tend to lean toward these colors (love Imp.), so you may see some sim. with some of my other ptgs..

CATHERINE - I apprec. your comment very much! Agree it's a cool ref. photo. I'd love to see your ptg. if you do this photo - will look for it.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,044
Points 46,320
on 12 Jan 2013 10:03 PM

Hi Kim, I agree with Catherine that this is a beautiful reference photo and have put it on my list of things to paint as well.

All, I have just succumbed to a major addiction. There is a new iPhone app called bypost that lets you send a photo from your phone (in this case, a photo of a piece of art, of course) as a real postcard and mails it for you. In the last five minutes I've sent three. Where will it end?!

Alex

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 13 Jan 2013 1:37 AM

Kim nice WC.  A lot of neat colors. Maybe if the water was a little darker or intense would make your pads show up more.  Still a very nice painting.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,445
Points 23,260
Berkenstock wrote
on 13 Jan 2013 1:45 AM

Jim you and Fred are always coming up with something.  I think your frog is getting a little frisky. Very cute.  And yours Fred always has a story to tell.  It looks like your leprechaun has some alterer motives.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 8 of 218 (3269 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next >  ... Last » | RSS