challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,268 Replies | 26 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 15 Feb 2013 3:20 PM

Marsha - The wedding sounds like it'll be refreshing w/o the frills. Sure hope you're able to make it...so sorry to hear your husband's health is not good.

Sarah - Your pieces are treasures, and better yet that they are memories of that unique time you spent there.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 12:18 PM

Hi all, Back to basics and w/c W/C wash for sky and backround ,graphitint pencils for the bldgs, foreground and trees 11x14

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 12:22 PM

BTW Marsha I bet there more than a few of us Vikings that settled in Ireland Devil

Fred

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 12:48 PM

Fred I agree with that....  

by the way... this new piece ....  does it have anything to do with that 10 ton huge meteor that landed in Russia... those poor folks,   it was stronger than 10 hiroshimas or is it affiliated with the sink holes in Florida?    I can't decide....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 2:08 PM

Hi again Your pick Marsha Here is my next Mars series story Bennie travels to Jupiter, finds the people a little weird but friendly and the environment too hostile to think about future exploration until technology makes it possible sometime in the future,so back to Mars and Ruthie

Fred

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 2:18 PM

Fred I think this is your best painting yet.  Nice complementary color scheme.YesYes

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 2:45 PM

Fred I lke your Jupitopians great imagination again as always

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 2:52 PM

Night and Day left soft pastel on black strathmore sketch pad right prismacoloredpencils on computer paper

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 6:47 PM

FRED - That's a gorgeous sky! Nice to combine media. Will look up those pencils later.

FRED - Your new martian ptg. reminds me of the movie that I just saw with my daughter a couple hrs. ago: Escape from  Planet Earth. Oh, you gotta go see it. Your creatures would love the creatures in the movie. Maybe you and Hollywood could team up.

JIM -  No matter the media, you know how to make the fur very fur-like. Both are darling. I'm a dog person, but I find these irresistable. A small suggestion of a ground (floor) line would top it off so they're not floating.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 16 Feb 2013 7:04 PM

Fred, your landscape is super nice.  Your watercolor skies always zing and this one does.  Nice work with the pencils, also.  I need to look those pencils up, too.  The closest tree looks nice with good colors for the leaves.  The buildings have nice texture.  But, did you know that the barn is nearly over the hill?  The rickety fence has lots of character.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 16 Feb 2013 7:07 PM

Fred, I'd say that the people on Jupiter are strange and the landscape if forlorn.  I'd get out of there, too.  This one has nice, bright colors.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 16 Feb 2013 7:09 PM

Jim, nice cats.  The fur looks great.  Isn't it interesting that cats are doing the same thing rather it's night or day.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 9:55 PM

Fred, Just love that warm orange sky and the delapidated sheds.I have never heard of Graphtint pencils are they like WC pencils?

Looks like Bernie is making friends all over the Universe. How nice it would be if we as a world could manage that! Very strange people but as long as they are friendlyBig Smile

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 9:57 PM

Jim, You really have studied your cats. Great job, they are great poses and good work on their fur.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 16 Feb 2013 11:23 PM

FRED:   we all know Jupiter is questionable.  these characters  look somewhat friendly,,,,  but if you think they have ulterior motives,  then leave.   BUT....  how about VENUS,   she is our sister planet.  she may have violet skies,   she may have water.... but of what color we don't know.   and those that inhabit Venus, we have no idea.   but they do say men are from mars and women are from Venus....  it could be a very romantic place, with women running the planet....  OR Women are really running the show....  and not so much in a good way....   I'm just prying into YOUR imagination....   you are the creator......   But we must explore all of our solar system....    Bernie can't come home to Ruthie without some hope....    keep looking, keep searching....  this might be our only hope!.....    great job Fred.....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Page 34 of 218 (3269 items) « First ...  < Previous  32 33 34 35 36  Next >  ... Last » | RSS