challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,268 Replies | 26 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 8:10 PM

Catherine, I'm so impressed by your drawings! The watercolor is exquisite.

Marsha, you found a treasure already by finding the photos. That little one is so darling. 

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,275
wetpaperfan wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 8:27 PM

Thanks,  I am getting ready for a St Patricks Day Gig that I am performing on and setting up elements for a flyer I will be making to invite friends....  a little scary as I don't sing much anymore "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" so to speak....   I remembered Geri was looking for a pic to sent over seas.  

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,521
Points 24,405
Berkenstock wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 8:45 PM

Marsha my mother in law is from Northern Ireland.  Her last Name was Quinn (No relation to the Eskimo).  She met my Father in law in England during the war.  When he had to go overseas to a restricted area he had t leave her with his family in Alabama.  Bother and them both her and his family spoke english of course but could not understand each other because of the accents.

I forgot to thank you for the photos the little one is great

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,521
Points 24,405
Berkenstock wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 8:50 PM

Catherine I just love your spontaneous little WC they are always great.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 9:04 PM

Marsha Congratulations to all on the wedding plans. Sounds like a great excuse for a party! Just love the St paddy fella looks like he is well on his way to party bliss. Such a cute little girl you were. A little Irish Colleen! What with  Irish and Scots  and me whose birth Mother was Welsh and  English and an Australian, plus all the Americans that probaly have any number of mixtures we are a pretty international lot!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 9:08 PM

Cathrine, sorry to hear you are not feeling so hot. Hopefully Spring will arrive soon and warmer weather will prevail. You have been making some lovely drawings and paintings. The shells are beautiful and the little plant too.. Glad you can at least keep you hand in with these small gems.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,275
wetpaperfan wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 9:46 PM

Cath hope you feel better soon.

Irish, Scot.   my grandparents are from Northern Ireland, my father was born in Australia in 1883, he was sixty when I was born...   

Geri,,, I have some Quinn in N. Ireland in  my family on my maternal side , they were flax farmers and worked with the linen manufacturing in the 1800.  

Thank goodness I will not be having anything to do with the June wedding.   simple backyard thing in N, California,  she said absolutely NO frills....  She is the most level headed gal I have ever met.  They aren't even going to have rings.   That's a first for me to hear, but I understand her reasoning.  She probably won't even have a photographer....  I don't eve know yet if I will be able to attend because of my husbands illness and all of our animals.  sad :-(

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,521
Points 24,405
Berkenstock wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 10:16 PM

I know that Kathy's mom lived on a farm but I think it would be what we call a truck patch.  Just a couple cows and a hog to raise and a big garden.

My side of the family was mostly from the fatherland.  My Moms maiden name was Pope as is supposed to be Celtic but they don't know.  They settled Ky.  and came to In looking for work.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 969
Points 21,255
Hearadh wrote
on 15 Feb 2013 2:22 AM

Hello Jen,

I was with a small group studying Ice Age Cave Paintings... it was both practical and historical study. We were taken into an ordinary cave to absorb the atmosphere before we produced a piece of cave art of our own. We used the earth colours available to us (ochres, soot etc) and used sticks etc as 'brushes'. We also had to find a piece of rock and imagine it was part of a cave roof; I painted a horse on mine...still have it.

The caves we visited were so diverse..one of them was so large we had to be transported around by a small train. Lascaux was much smaller but colourful.

In the 'photograph I was painting a landscape of the area from a sketch made earlier. We were 'allowed' some time off!!!

Sarah

feel free to make constructive c/c...no digital alterations please

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 15 Feb 2013 3:37 AM

Thank you so much Kim, Geri, Jen and Marsha. I've been checking out all of your new art here and it's fantastic! I have a long weekend coming up so I'm planning on taking advantage of the daylight hours as much as possible. I get tired of trying to paint under lamp light.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 15 Feb 2013 7:09 AM

Sarah, your Ice Age Cave Painting study and painting sounds most interesting.  You'll have to show us your cave painting.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 969
Points 21,255
Hearadh wrote
on 15 Feb 2013 11:05 AM

Hello Sam,

can only show you the piece of 'cave' rock painting as the paintings/drawings I made on paper are pasted into a book I had to compile for a thesis on Art History (from pre-history to the present day). Very thick tome!!! Impossible to scan. But, I can scan a section of a piece of Egyptian wall painting.

Sarah

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 969
Points 21,255
Hearadh wrote
on 15 Feb 2013 11:12 AM

this is the Egyptian lady...similar colours to cave painting but on flat plaster surface.

Sarah

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 49,230
Turps245 wrote
on 15 Feb 2013 11:18 AM
Sarah, What a fascinating trip. It must be awesome to see the ancient paintings in their original settings and then to actually paint with the same tools and materials as our fobarers. Thanks for sharing these.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 15 Feb 2013 1:48 PM

Sarah, thanks for sharing these cave paintings. The horse on the rock looks just like what one would find in a cave.  The Egyptian lady is very interesting.  Now that's hair! 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Page 33 of 218 (3269 items) « First ...  < Previous  31 32 33 34 35  Next >  ... Last » | RSS