challenge CHATTER - 2013

This post has 3,268 Replies | 26 Followers rated by 10 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 2:26 PM

Hi all, More practice with pastels I'm like a dog in a butcher shop with all these colors I used the smooth side of the Canson paper for this one 5x6

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 13 Feb 2013 3:17 PM

Beautiful colors, Fred.  Do you like the smooth side of the paper better than the textured side?

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,842
Points 47,370
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 5:11 PM
Fred, now you are cooking!! You are getting that rich buttery look of pastels. Great colours and the bushes are getting some dimention too. Nice work!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,436
Points 23,080
Berkenstock wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 6:59 PM

Your bushes are great Fred.  They look thick and real.  You need to watch your shadows on these.  The sun being in the center of the page the shadows would be on the side toward us.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,436
Points 23,080
Berkenstock wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 7:04 PM

Lore your last supper is very nice.  It is a hard subject to paint as there are a lot differing opinions about it.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 13 Feb 2013 7:26 PM

I just got some news a few minutes ago,  My granddaughter just announced that she is getting Married in June.   She told her fiance to set a date her clock is ticking......  tee hee.   she is 30.   I am excited.  they have been together for 10 years, he finished law school and she is about to graduate from College as well.

Jen I'm sure your friend will be cheered up by your lovely cheery painting.  I know I would.  

Lore:  Such a beautiful replica of a lovely piece.  It is exquisit.   Your delicate touch is wonderful on the expressive faces.  

Fred,  I see your getting the feel for them just like I am.     Like Sam asked, which side do you prefer.  I'm working on one now on the smooth side with no gesso coating.  I haven't come to any conclusion yet.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 325
Points 5,670
Kim513 wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 4:06 PM

FRED - Your greens show good variation that is the star of this pastel work. Keep it up!

MARSHA - First, I forgot to comment about your special artist mixer. Never heard of such an event but now I wonder why there aren't more. Sounds wonderful! Congrats on winning - hope you have a fun time shopping.

MARSHA - Congratulaions! It's great that they have been together as a couple for so long and know that they are right for each other. How exciting - time of bridal showers and much preparation. A portrait of the happy couple in the works?  June is just around the corner, so am sure you'll be busy too.

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 7:03 PM

Happy Valentines Day to everyone! There are so many great pieces of art here lately and I don't even know where to start. All of your paintings, drawing etc. are so great! It's tough for me to work all day and then try to do much more than chill. I've done a shell watercolor study and miscl. sketches that I will post. I've done them over the last week so. I've just been to tired to do much more. All three studies are aprox. 9x10 inch.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 7:04 PM

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 7:05 PM

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 7:16 PM

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY... THOUGHT THIS MY BE A HOOT FOR THE DAY......

Geri,  you recently asked about a leprechaun picture,   maybe you would like these two.   just for you...   I'm Irish maiden name is McIlveen,....   grandparents were born there.  

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 14 Feb 2013 7:16 PM

Catherine, I was just thinking about you today and planning to send a message to make sure that you're okay.  I'm sorry that you're so tired.  Maybe it's the combination of RA, meds and cold weather.  It's good to hear from you.  I like your studies of shells including the drooping plants hanging over the vase.  You know the saying, "Practice makes perfect."  Well, you're well on your way.

I particularly like the middle work which, in my opinion, could stand on it's own as a painting.  The shells look great and so do the shadows.  The bit of grass on the left adds interest.  It looks like the beach.  Nice work.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 7:18 PM

Cath,  I just absolutely love your drawings and watercolor sketches...   very very nice

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 14 Feb 2013 7:36 PM

Thank you Sam for you concern, I appreciate that about you and thought I better check in to let everyone know I'm still around. I will be so happy to see Spring come!

Thank you Marsha! I do love to sketch stuff and I have a lot of stuff around my house to sketch! I have a great bug collection that I might dig out and do a few sketches of. :) I also have a cool dried blow fish that my daughter bought me at an antique shop for Mother's Day that would be a real challenge! It's about as big as a grape fruit and I named her Rosey because she is so picky. I can hardly hold her because her dried spines are still so sharp. lol

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 14 Feb 2013 7:53 PM

Marsha, we posted at the same time and I missed your leprechauns.  Great pictures.  The little one must be grinning so broadly because HE FOUND THE POT OF GOLD!  As for the larger one - I love those socks, tie and vest.  Man but he's COOL!

Page 32 of 218 (3269 items) « First ...  < Previous  30 31 32 33 34  Next >  ... Last » | RSS