Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 25 Dec 2013 1:35 PM

I hope this isn't the bright light at the end of the tunnel.  Nice.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,503
Points 51,430
Charlie Gunn wrote
on 25 Dec 2013 2:17 PM

Fred, very nice Wee People.

Charlie Gunn

C&C welcomed

http://picasaweb.google.com/cagunn0/MYARTWORK

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 25 Dec 2013 3:04 PM

By their postures, the Wee People look as though they may be senior citizens.  Dressing in red and green was appropriate for Christmas.  The golden glow is beautiful.  There seems to be snow or fog or steam surrounding their feet.  I also am intrigued.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 25 Dec 2013 3:05 PM

A hearty thank you to all who have posted good wishes for a Merry Christmas.  Merry Christmas to all of you.  Ho! Ho! Ho!

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 26 Dec 2013 6:07 AM

Computer was down for over a day...   Hope Everyone Had a Very Very Merry Christmas....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 27 Dec 2013 4:21 PM

The end of the tunnel is a little people village and looks like a fun place to settle 11x14 W/C

Fred

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 28 Dec 2013 4:53 PM

An abstact on a 10X7 sample of YUPO paper using W/C Ultra blue Red @ Orange 

Fred

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 29 Dec 2013 8:26 PM

Fred, I doesn't look like all the Christmas eating slowed you down one bit. The little people are so cute and yet another adventure for the bears. I like your abstract too very vibrant and  with a lot of movement.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 981
Points 14,300
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 29 Dec 2013 8:30 PM

Fred, it looks like the little people know how to have a good time. Yes a fun place to settle.

Your abstract has an interesting effect with the YUPO paper and w/c. I like the colours you used.

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,888
Points 48,365
Turps245 wrote
on 29 Dec 2013 8:40 PM

Well I had a great time in Chicago with the Grands and arrived at the airport fit and well. the Skycap guy wanted to get me a wheel chair when he saw the stick I carry when traveling but I said no I could walk leave the chair for someone who needs it. I walked into the beginning of the lanes into security when the security person asked me something and I turned to answer and fell on my butt! After they hauled me to my feet and asked if I was alright I said yes just shaken up. I knew I had jarred my back but I seemed fine. They took me through the fast security and sent me on my way. I started for the gate but I hadn't got far before my back started to spasm and hurt and I knew I was in trouble.  Fortunately I was near an information desk and able to ask them for the until then unneeded wheelchair!!!!! then the plane that should have left at 1:00pm was delayed until 3;30 so everyone missed their connections. I got on another but the seat was at the very back of the plane!  I got home and  I am still upright at least! I was to have gone to the other grands but that is on hold! The cat is so happy his lap is back! Happy New Year everyone!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 29 Dec 2013 8:49 PM

Fred, your landscape of the wilderness with the mountains, pines, the lake with the jetty and the cabin is very good. I love the shapes of the pine trees and the way you made a pattern of them.

Sonia, your lovely painting of the native Australian plant is so perfect for the holidays! Thank you for your warm wishes.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 29 Dec 2013 8:58 PM

Fred, this "little people" series is charming! It seems appropriate that you live in the mountains and paint little people! I do notice that they have a still in their village. Thank you, too, for the charming Christmas painting of Bennie and Ruthie. The bears peeking out from behind the trees are cracking me up!

Jen, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall in the airport. Being in a tiny seat in coach (airline seat space is steadily shrinking) could not have helped. Please let us know how you're doing.

Alex

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 29 Dec 2013 9:24 PM

Catherine, now I'm confused about where it's posted, but I saw a message from you about getting a HUGE roll of paper that you can draw life-size figures on. How totally, totally cool.

Alex

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 29 Dec 2013 10:06 PM

Wow Jen... what an awful event...   what made you fall in the first place.?   You take care of yourself...  how is your back doing now?  

Fred:   your abstract looks like my mind now that another holiday has passed....   kinda jello-ish....  The Red mountain looks alive and his eye is the welcome beam and you walk in on his tongue.    then his ear hears all.   the booze is just the bait....hmmmm

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Page 215 of 218 (3269 items) « First ...  < Previous  213 214 215 216 217  Next >  ... Last » | RSS