on 18 Jan 2013 4:12 PM

A couple of great paintings Fred

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 18 Jan 2013 4:25 PM

Fred, I always wanted to dance on a mushroom.  You keep your imagination so active and creative.

The sky on "Honey We Have Company" is another of your famous beautiful skies.  The credit card mountains are very nice.  I wonder if she is as irritated as I am when hubby brings home unexpected company.  If so, he's in trouble. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 19 Jan 2013 1:32 AM

Alex:  I'm so very sorry it has taken me this long to respond to your most lovely OP of little girl with a valentine.  I will start with this....  Years ago I made curtains and a quilt for my grand daughter with specific colors.  we wanted to decorate the walls as well and I'm telling you this,,,  This would have been my first purchase.   It is Perfect, and looks a bit like my grandaughter as well.    I just love this piece.   and I thank you for the wonderful lesson that goes with it.    Now did you use  an op stick or roll.   I know the nu pastels are sticks and the holbien are rolls.  thank you again

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 19 Jan 2013 2:33 AM

Sam thank you so much for the information,  I didn't look up double ended clay shaper and you can find them at ceramic sites.   Dick blick doesn't have the double ended ones.   I will surprise myself with one soon...

Jen, so you have the Curly One and now the Smily One we cant wait to see him.... does he have curly hair as well? will you be using oil pastels or soft pastels?

Fred:  Again another story,  with " imps",  in the forrest.... love it.  Now that he brought home a leprechaun maybe they will have some good luck   .   I agree though I would not be a happy camper if my husband brought anyone home without a small warning....     They look like they are back on earth.  lovely evening sky.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,245
wetpaperfan wrote
on 19 Jan 2013 2:45 AM

Kim:  I haven't actually made any paintings of the pond critters,  we have many critters in the back yard. and I should.   maybe this spring I will try it.  here are a few pictures of my lilys and road runner on one of our bird feeders. I can't find the photos yet of last years crop of lillies,  must have been thirty of the yellow ones all in bloom   the top one is my small pond, the second one is the larger pond. I have some of the fish swimming around as well.  if your interested I can post them.  we have a bog that we made with blooming water plants and my husband made a little fake dock over it.   I got a picture of a blue heron in our back yard early one morning when he was coming in for breakfast.... our koi...  so now we have to put nets over the ponds in the spring.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 315
Points 5,485
Kim513 wrote
on 19 Jan 2013 8:15 AM

Marsha - Def. interested! Great photos.

I'm falling behind with my comments for this and the Chall. thread, but I have the flu so will peek again later next wk..

Kim T  (Kim513)

C&C welcome!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 19 Jan 2013 8:45 AM

Marsha, the first photo of lily pads and flowers is a great reference photo.  Thanks for sharing.  Aren't the roadrunners fun to watch?

Yes, Dick Blick does have the double-ended clap shapers.  I though that I already gave you the numbers.  All you have to do is put these numbers in the search box.  30350-1002 and 30350-1006.

Alex used oil pastels when painting her little girl in pink.  Nu Pastels are soft pastels.  I'm not sure what you mean by Holbein are rolls.  Holbein are sticks in both soft pastel and oil pastels.

Remember that if an artist says the work is in pastel, it is soft pastel.  No artist lists soft pastel as their medium.  It has always been simply pastel.  Oil pastel artists will always identify their medium as oil pastel.

Kim,  I'm sorry that you have the flu.  You rest and get well real quickly.    

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 19 Jan 2013 9:19 AM

Catching up!!!  What a whirl-wind start to 2013.  Glad to have time this morning to have some me time.

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 515
S.artista wrote
on 19 Jan 2013 12:02 PM

Good day everyone,

i have new pics i'd like to share with u all, here they are:

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 19 Jan 2013 3:34 PM

Sanaa, what pretty hearts.  What are they - clay, ceramic, cookies?  Just on time for Valentines Day.  Great shot of the snowman.  He's really cute and would be good for a winter painting.  Jim would love to see the fairy.  He paints fairies well.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 19 Jan 2013 3:53 PM

Thanks for the heads up Sam  i know I'm going to use Marshas photos somewhere ,I'm trying to post this with my spoiled brat cat on my lap demanding my utmost  Sanaa has posted some very nice photos here and on the challenge page

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,433
Points 20,850
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 20 Jan 2013 8:36 AM

California Dreaming

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 20 Jan 2013 8:51 AM

Jim, romance in the grapevines.  Neat idea for a frog and princess fantasy.  The princess looks really good.  I think she has been getting prettier.  I like all the great colors you used on the grapes.  Very nice painting.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 20 Jan 2013 9:23 AM

Jim I agree with Sam.  Your fairies keep getting better and bette all yhe time.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,045
bernof wrote
on 20 Jan 2013 10:58 AM

Hey Jim ,Maybe your fairys will fly up to Mars to visit my bears Smile Back to Mars Bennie's GPS leads him to explore the recently found dry streambed named Revll Vallis 11x14 W/C

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 35
Page 13 of 218 (3267 items) « First ...  < Previous  11 12 13 14 15  Next >  ... Last » | RSS