How can I achieve the effect of this painting? (pic inside)

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70
on 11 Dec 2012 8:18 PM

how can I make a painting like this? The description of the picture said that it was done with acrylic paint...how exactly would I go about this?

I'm very new to painting so if you could be as specific as possible it would be lovely.

Here is a link to the picture: http://i46.tinypic.com/2jferzd.jpg

Thank you!

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
Bev Bunker wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 12:10 PM

Hi..this painting was done using liquid acrylics as opposed to acrylics in the tube or jar. This picture was done by someone who is very skilled with this medium. It is not easy to work with when doing this style of art. This painting was poured and carefully maneuvered or manipulated to allow the flow of the paint to settle where the artist then dropped into some of it, more liquid acrylic. There is no brush used in this method; it is fully poured.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
Bev Bunker wrote
on 12 Dec 2012 12:10 PM

Hi..this painting was done using liquid acrylics as opposed to acrylics in the tube or jar. This picture was done by someone who is very skilled with this medium. It is not easy to work with when doing this style of art. This painting was poured and carefully maneuvered or manipulated to allow the flow of the paint to settle where the artist then dropped into some of it, more liquid acrylic. There is no brush used in this method; it is fully poured.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 265
naefrond1982 wrote
on 26 Jan 2013 9:56 AM

That's a nice effect by the way Yes

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS