ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE - DECEMBER 2012 #26

This post has 369 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 11 Dec 2012 2:59 PM

James, I'm certainly glad that you tried because you succeeded.  The praying hands are very well done.  Hopefully, you plan to frame and hang it.  Take a bow! Yes

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 11 Dec 2012 3:02 PM

James, beautifully rendered and very moving. Wow.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 3:39 PM

Thank you Jen, Sam and Alex,  this is one of my wifes favorite paintings I mainly tryed it for her she loves it it is getting framed

James [I don't know why Ive used James instead of Jim I never Intro myself except as Jim schaffer

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 3:54 PM

Well, James aka Jim..you've given me inspiration to draw a hand(s). I sat here at work the last 45 min. and in between things, drew my left hand. I have a start on it and will post it later this evening when I get home. :)

I think your hands praying is just a wonderful drawing and your wife should just love it.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 3:56 PM

JIM those hands a just amazing,  you chewed it up perfectly including using the Tortillion or stump gidgets.... I'm sure Albrecht would be proud.  This is worth a frame and a signature.   Most time if its is Pencil or Graphite you have to spray it with fixitive to protect it from smudging.      Jim this is a WOW job.....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 11 Dec 2012 4:59 PM

Susan, I almost missed the ceramic fugures on an ornament.  What a clever idea.  This is very nice with a lot of beautiful colors.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 11 Dec 2012 5:04 PM

Fred and Jim, when people paint beears and frogs and fairy princesses, it's sometimes easy to forget that those same people are accomplished "serious" artists. Both of you have treated us to this other size of yourselves lately, and—although I don’t want you to stop painting bears and frogs and fairy princesses—it is so nice to see!

Marsha, thank you for posting the photos of the beautiful wilderness cliffs and burros and ponies.

Paul, welcome to our group. Loved seeing your squirrel, which stuck a wonderful balance between too much detail and just suggesting detail; the wash is lovely. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Susan, very good job with a tough subject—painting a scene that is embedded and reflected in a crystal ornament. I looked through a similar ornament here and could see that you caught the refracting light and color and the odd bending of objects very well..

Bonnie, welcome to our group! Your pastel drawing of the copper buckets with shiny ornaments is excellent. I noticed, too, that you picked up on the curve on the upper rim of the larger bucket. That was the “trick question” in  Sam’s photo, as it isn’t what you might really expect to see.

Alex

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 11 Dec 2012 5:04 PM

James, Oops Jim, I suggest that you go to the top right of any page and click on Edit Profile.  Then click on Site Options.  Scroll down to the Signature section and type in Jim so that you'll have a permanent signature.  You can also add C & C to indicate that you welcome comments and critiques.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 5:22 PM

Thank you much Marsha and thanks again Catherine and Alex and yes yeah Sam it works

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 5:28 PM

Since hands are now part of the Dec. challenge here is my first rough start of my own left hand. I will work on it during down times at the office as I will need the same light to do the shadows.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 11 Dec 2012 5:37 PM

Jim, your beautiful Durer hands are displayed in the rotating images on the upper left side of the Artist Daily home page! Kudos!

Alex

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 5:46 PM

Wow Holiday Cheer came early,,, today I received cards from Joyce, Jen, Sam, Susan, Catherine.   Thank you all.   These will always hold a special place in my heart as well as cheering up my mantel....  I truly love them all.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 11 Dec 2012 6:35 PM

Catherine, great start on your hand!

Alex

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 6:58 PM

Keep them coming Catherine

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 11 Dec 2012 7:12 PM

Catherine, your hand is looking good.  I'll be watching to see it develop.

Page 12 of 25 (370 items) « First ...  < Previous  10 11 12 13 14  Next >  ... Last » | RSS