ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE - DECEMBER 2012 #26

This post has 369 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 8:59 PM

I started following the photo challenge in November and had started a picture when it was over and December's started.  I continued to work on the piece and will try and post here even though it is for November. This is the Christmas Balls done in pastel. It was fun to do and I love the forum, very inspiring.  I will also try and add to this the sketch from the December Challenge.  It was a challenge and lots of fun. I have really enjoyed everone's posts. Bonnie

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 9:11 PM

Wow! So many new artists and new drawings and paintings!

*Jen..You latest hand drawing is very very good! Mine? uh uh uh....dog ate it. Yeah that's it the dog ate it ;)

* Fred... Your bristle pines are great!

*Bonnie...The ornaments and hand with the cookie cutter are very well done! Welcome to the forum!

*Paul...I love your squirrel drawing and welcome to you also.

*Susan..The ornament with the Holy Family is just beautiful! What a great idea!

I hope I didn't miss anyone's newest painting/drawings.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 10:47 PM

WOW...this is very good Bonnie

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 10 Dec 2012 6:38 AM

Welcome Paul and Bonnie

your squirrel is great Paul the eyes seem like a 3d movie they give it dimension

Susan your ornament is just beautiful and still signiturely abstracted in the BG

your bucket and hand drawing are both first class Bonnie

Jim

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 10 Dec 2012 12:06 PM

Bonnie, welcome to the All Media Reference Photo forum.  We have a great group and are always glad to have new members.  The copper pots look shiny and 3D as do the ornaments.  I love the shadow/reflection of the copper pots on the wooden table.  I took that photograph in a recreation center and the table was against a very textured wall in a neutral color. You captured that wall perfectly.  Well done.

The little hand cutting cookie dough is excellent.  You captured the gesture of pressing down on the cookie cutter.  Hands are so difficult but you did a good job on this one.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,933
Points 49,205
Turps245 wrote
on 10 Dec 2012 1:21 PM
Bonnie great job on the copper pots. Lots of sparkle on the pots and balls, wonderful! As for the hand drawing well it is perfect.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,933
Points 49,205
Turps245 wrote
on 10 Dec 2012 1:26 PM
Well my friend's with today's post I now have cards from Sandi, Marsha, Susan,Joyce and Sammy. All are as unique and wonderful as the artists who painted them. I have them all on their own shelf so I can smile at my friend's as I go by. Thank you one and all. Marsha thanks for the envelope idea as I find I have run out of the ones I bought so will have to have a go on my last couple of cards!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 10 Dec 2012 11:17 PM

I've been out of touch for two days and amazing things are happening right here....

first of all Jen I knew we weren't imagining things.  magic appeared  SUSAN  beautiful

The ornament with the nativity is beautiful... what a great idea for that photo.... 

PAUL:   amazing job on the squirrel especially with the color wash.  I just love it. the texture of the stump looks really 3D,  I really like your work. 

BONNIE:  Welcome Welcome..  my my great minds do think alike.   you and I chose the same pieces to paint.   I love your work,  I love the shiny of the buckets and ornaments and your hand with the cookie cutter is terrific.  I would look forward to more from you as well.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 10:59 AM

I bit off waymore than I can chew this time but I had to try

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 11:12 AM

James that is really really a great job!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 11:16 AM

Thanks catherine, I only hope Albrecht can forgive me

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 992
Points 14,430
B.J. Bailey wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 11:48 AM

This is great James and does not look at all like more than you could chew. Bonnie

Bonnie   C & C most welcome / appreciated

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,526
Points 24,475
Berkenstock wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 12:33 PM

James all I can say is WOW.  Is this a charcoal drawing on glue paper or is it a painting.  Its hard to tell.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 12:56 PM

Thank you Bonnie and Geri  I appreciate your  encouriging comments more than you can realize I was really hesitant about trying to repro this

Geri I used sketching pencils on printer paper with a blending gidget [whatever it's called] that came with the set

James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,933
Points 49,205
Turps245 wrote
on 11 Dec 2012 1:58 PM
James, you have done a wonderful job on the hands. As has been said here before hands are not easy. You have captured the pose and shadows perfectly and with a lot of sensitivity. Definitely a piece to be proud of.

Page 11 of 25 (370 items) « First ...  < Previous  9 10 11 12 13  Next >  ... Last » | RSS