ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE - DECEMBER 2012 #26

This post has 369 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 8:45 AM

Fred nice job I only saw two cardinals after I read Sandis post I went back for another look welldone

Jen really really good drawing, personally a martini after 4 is the best relaxer in existance but I can't paint or play my guitar very well after ,when I wasplaying out I used to have to drink two beers to get over stage fright then abilities lessen for me anyway some guys got better

James

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,842
Points 47,370
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 2:01 PM
Okay it looks like the gremlins are arriving at AD now just as they did on WC. I saw a beautiful Christmas ornament of the Holly Family painted by Susan on my e-mail and now it has disappeared. So what is going on! Am I seeing things? No I have not been tippling!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 2:49 PM

YUP    the gremlins took off a beautiful painting by Susanrae....  What happened.  It was an ornament with the challenge picture of Baby Jesus in Mary's arms while riding on a burro with joseph by her side.   I have it in my email but it just disappeared....   not tipsey either...

Suzgriffon, welcome back,,,  yes the Donkey is singing...  or Braying as they call it in donkey world.   Sometimes when I drive up there they will be standing on the side of the road as well.  there are donkey crossing signs everywhere.    I love your wild african dog or Hyena avatar...   Why don't you do a donkey singing for the Christmas Challenge...  I'll let you do that.....  I challenge you.... tee hee....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 48
Points 1,420
Paul Darby wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 3:41 PM

This is my drawing challange to start painting this winter. 8x10 Pen & ink with a light wash.

Starting out with a sketch is good base for painting later on. Watercolor is my favorite medium to work with. I hope to stay motivated with this fourm. This artist daily is my favorite place to improve and learn.

Paul

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 9 Dec 2012 4:06 PM

Paul, welcome to our little group.  Well it used to be little but seems to be growing by leaps and bounds lately.  This is a very good rendering of the squirrel.  His eyes are great and draws one in.  The texture of his fur is very convincing and the grain of the old, rotting tree stump is very nice.  This is a charming drawing and if you ever do this squirrel with watercolor, please be sure to post it here so that we can enjoy it with you.

I checked out your Bio page and must say that it is quite impressive.  Your paintings are excellent and portray a variety of styles.  You are putting your retirement years to good use. Looking forward to seeing more. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 48
Points 1,420
Paul Darby wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 4:37 PM

Final watercolor from sketch.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 9 Dec 2012 4:46 PM

Paul,

When you click on FORUMS and the on ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE, you'll find the Challenge thread at the top of the list of threads.  Your pen and ink of the squirrel was posted on page 10 and I already commented on it.  Be sure to click on the 10 to the right of ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 48
Points 1,420
Paul Darby wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 4:53 PM

Thank you Sam,

Looking forward spending more time with art daily this winter. Painting and being creative is time well spent.

Paul

• Filed under:
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,842
Points 47,370
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 5:05 PM
Well Marsha at least we are sharing the same illusion!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,842
Points 47,370
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 5:07 PM
Paul welcome to the forum. Your squirrel is delightful. I really like your pen and ink style and look forward seeing the WC addition.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 6:05 PM

I'm smiling, the first picture didn't post right, I wrote comments for each and everyone of you with my insert. I deleted it to reload, then I reloaded and wrote all of my comments to each of you again. Then I posted but nothing posted. I feel like I am repeating all the compliments again and agian...I will try to repost this ornament of mine, I must say I just don't do people or animals, so this was a CHALLENGE, nothing less than a CHALLENGE fo keeping it out of the trash can. Not sure what my error is on posting. Thank you ALL of you, w/c 9x12

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,842
Points 47,370
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 7:33 PM
Ah hah! There it is! It is beautiful Susan. What a creative idea to put the family on a Christmas ornament! You would never know you don't like to paint animals or people because you have done them beautifully. The ornament sparkles and the donkey even seems to turn like the curve of the ornament. Great job. The only thing I would think about next time is the old perspectivy, elipsi stuff that I find so hard. It seems we are looking up at the family so the top rings should go the same way as the bottom curving up. but I think it is brilliant!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 7:35 PM

Paul- Welcome to our growing group. It's so good to have new artists coming in to post and chat with us. I looked at your Bio page and your work. Love the Golf foursome, I don't play golf but my hubby does. Your German Shepherd is awesome.

The squirrel is also well done. His eyes are looking right at you as if being startled when photographed. He if fluffy and he has good value.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 7:42 PM

I am sorry about this painting/photo, the real pic seems so much better than this one that came off my cell phone. I will leave it but am embarrassed on the posting.

Paul........Welcome and you artwork is precise and well done.

Catherine & Sandi,  Your cardinals are so very good, the markings, strokes, blending  and colors are so beautiful. Catherine, the sketch of Santa I was great, I loved his jolly smile and eyes. The sketch of the hands/dough is so well done. 

Alex, Again, I am repeating myself, but I love your artwork.

Jordan, Your attemp on this candle in a bottle was almost perfect, well done for sure. I just love the desert painting, very, very impressive.

Marsha, I just can't compliment you enough on your natvity paintings, they are nothing less than awesome. Your latest of the carved Santa is astonishing.The hands rolling the dough is an impossiblity for most people including me.

Jen, As always, your  hands with the dough sketch is so very good also.

Fred,  I always enjoy your paintings, I like how the trees seem to be dancing, I love it.

Sammy, just saw your message, will send Holly's address to you privately.

Paul,  Your squirrel is so darn cute and well done.

Asusanrae

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 9 Dec 2012 7:46 PM

Susanrae- This nativity is so colorful and it's so clever of you to put the scene on an ornament. Love the sparkling background too. The Madonna and Child are cute. Like to see more value on the man though so he won't look like just a shadow behind them. But in general this painting is eye-catching with colors like jewels, strong and vivid. It truly is your style that I can recognize any where.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Page 10 of 25 (370 items) « First ...  < Previous  8 9 10 11 12  Next >  ... Last » | RSS