C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 13 Nov 2012 9:32 AM

I got up this morning and painted this from scratch. Last week was a very bad life week for me and I was desperate to move ahead and express something that made me feel happy. I have a couple of other Novemeber Challenge ideas sketched out from over the weekend and will work on them too.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 13 Nov 2012 3:31 PM

Cathrine I love the festivity of this winter wonderland. I love the bright spirit in the forrest...  You and I did the same challenge,  I will post mine as well 

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 13 Nov 2012 3:32 PM

Watercolor  4 x 6 card    fabriano 140 lb

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 13 Nov 2012 3:36 PM

Geez! That's awesome Marsha!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 13 Nov 2012 3:42 PM

I have a general question for anyone here. Are you supposed to mail the orignial painting out to the Forum artist that has emailed you wanting to exchange cards or are you supposed to make copies of the original? 

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 13 Nov 2012 6:56 PM

Catherine, wonderful take on the "Winter Wonderland" reference photo.  The loose, free style is appealing.  Great little decorated tree amidst those stately trees.  Every tree is individualistic.  This definitely looks cold and Christmasy.  Well done.

Catherine, I plan to make copies to mail out.  You would have to make a lot of originals because lots of people are going to want your paintings. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 13 Nov 2012 7:02 PM

Marsha, what a beautiful winter wonderland.  Great color harmony.  Definitely cold!  The meandering stream is very well done.  I like the dead wood here and there.  And, of course, a lady raised in Calif. and living in Nevada has to have mountains.  I like the mist around the mountains and the sky. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Nov 2012 11:21 PM
Thanks for the nice words on my bear/ elf painting Marsha, Gerri ,Catherine and Sammy. I felt so uncertain as I painted this and had constant interruptions so never felt like I ever really got a handle on it. Still got some refining to do but appreciate your encouragement. I know Catherine asked how we were going to send these pairings as cards and that is something I am still trying to work put. We will have to print them onto card maybe. Or perhaps have a card made so it will have an eve lope. I have not done any of this so help ideas would be appreciated. I know we printed out our daughters wedding announcements on handmade paper. Made an interesting texture but probably not what is wanted here. I have a pad of pastel paper that I could feed through the computer a page at a time but what about the envelopes? Help is needed.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Nov 2012 11:25 PM
Catherine lovely WC with the happy Christmas tree sparkling in the middle. Good impression of snow and cold too! Seems like this card idea has really stimulated our creativity.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 49,215
Turps245 wrote
on 13 Nov 2012 11:28 PM
Marsha you are a busy bee! This is a beautiful WC. Love that curving stream and the cool mountains and snow. I nearly put these trees into mine but decided they would be too complicated for the scene. May have a go at it yet. Well done.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 13 Nov 2012 11:48 PM

Jen------This is so beautifully done,so very detailed.

Catherine-----I love this, so very lovely, I'm impressed

Marsha------I love this one also, I love the colors

James------Looking forward to seeing your painting, when you can.

All of these paintings that will make the most special Christmas cards     asusanrae

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 14 Nov 2012 5:43 AM

Thank you Jen and asusanrae! Now to figure out this whole card making process. I'd like to send a card that has some actual painting of some kind on it somewhere. I'm going to call our local copy shop and see if I can come down with my orignial painting and some blank watercolor paper to have my original copied onto the watercolor paper and then have them fold the prints into cards. That way I can add a little something original on the inside of the card where the greeting would go. If worse comes to worse I'll make my own envelopes too. How hard could that be?

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 14 Nov 2012 5:46 AM

Jen, I will be taking a photograph of my painting and making prints from that.  I may just tape the picture to my card because I just don't have the time to figure out the card programs.  I have made my own envelopes in the past.  Just lay the card in the center of the paper at an angle so that you can fold a triangle up on both sides, then the bottom, then the top.  Hold it together with tape.  This works well.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 14 Nov 2012 5:51 AM

"Bright Copper Kettles"   4 x 6 watercolor on Fabriano 140lb  This one was hard,   took me all evening.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Page 8 of 17 (246 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next >  ... Last » | RSS