Challenge #25 - November 2012

This post has 245 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 11 Nov 2012 2:47 PM

Jen Thanks,  upon looking I do see a resemblance to old blue eyes.... 

Sammy  I adore this Santa...  Jen hit it on the head with the baffled look on his face..  wow I am impressed with all the media great job. 

you have photoshop don't you,   it has a card maker installed I believe,  at least the Photo elements does...  If you did get a mac iphoto has one as well.  just google for a free photo card maker.  

I love the dark color is that indigo?

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 11 Nov 2012 2:51 PM

Cathrine is correct as well,  looks like he got caught in the middle of the night by someone peeking through a window.... tee hee...  We should have a caption contest as well..... 

This one could be "Oppps"   or ,,,   "UH ... I was just taking out the trash"

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 11 Nov 2012 5:37 PM

Marsha, I love your humorous Santa with his skinny hips and skinny trees.

And Sam, your Santa is great, too. I know there are things you want to change, but I like it and am thinking about the jump you make from realism to comic. It makes me realize I should stretch myself more and not just say "I don't do that."

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 11 Nov 2012 5:54 PM

This business of printing holiday cards is pretty tricky. Now I understand why professional photographers go nuts about the colors in prints of their art. Photoshop Elements is definitely on the "must-have" list!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 11 Nov 2012 6:40 PM

Sammy watercolor on rice paper can be tricky but you have handled it well.  I love the strands in the paper because its random and you never know whats going to happen.  Kind of like pouring paint.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 11 Nov 2012 7:58 PM

Thanks to all of you for your kind words about my baffled Santa.  That look is party the result of a piece of fiber in the exact spot that his eyes are.  I just couldn't do his eyes.  Yes, Geri, it is tricky to use watercolor on rice paper that is this textured.  The color tends to run along the pieces of fiber and threads.  I am learning to use very little water and do a very small section at a time.  It is time consuming but not near as much as colored pencil.  Marsha, the colors I used for the background are both Daniel Smith - Sodalite Genuine and Dark Turquoise.   

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 12 Nov 2012 8:10 AM

Having been doing a long honeydo list and a lack of inspiration I have been neglecting this challenge

It  is good to see a couple of old friends back and two new ones ,Saira and Nadine welcome to all

Marsha has posted so many I will just say I like them all my choice is the skinny santa  ,Alex's pastel bear is great , wonderful abstract undersea card from asusanrae ,Geri's old world santa is really nice as is Joyce's  bear card  and  Sam's Nativity scene is outstanding

sorry for my late postings I'm stillworking on her list    

James

hope I didn't miss anyone

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 12 Nov 2012 5:53 PM

Sammy your Santa is nice looking be happy with it I am!!!!!

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 12 Nov 2012 6:21 PM

Joyce I love your bear! It's a simple idea but yet the dark sky looks so wintery and frosty!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,883
Points 48,280
Turps245 wrote
on 12 Nov 2012 9:42 PM
James, obey she who must be obeyed and then get back to art! No need to feel guilt! we will see you when you are relieved of duty!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,883
Points 48,280
Turps245 wrote
on 12 Nov 2012 9:52 PM

Well I am making progress on my painting/card. I don't have the card programme on my Photoshop so will have to add it. Howard is investigating so hopefully I will be able to play with it soon. Here is where I am. There are still things that need resolving. Not sure about the forground but I hope to put wording there so want it simple. Not sure the lamppost works and the writing has proved troublesome! I have decided the Bear is a young one as the elf is a little big! so what do you think? Please comment as making stuff up a little dificult!

before crop 12 x 9 on wallis with various soft pastels and pastel pencils

I haven 't finished still a few details to do.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 12 Nov 2012 10:03 PM

OH JEN!   it is absolutely adorable...   the elf is young too and he is trying to get some last minute toys to Santa his little polar bear cub is helping him.....   leave the lamp post it adds to the charm of it.   don't change a thing.....   GREAT JOB!

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,450
Points 23,345
Berkenstock wrote
on 12 Nov 2012 10:13 PM

Jen neat little picture.  It will make a nice Christmas card.  Good work.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 12 Nov 2012 11:52 PM

Jen, you managed to incorporate both the bear and the lamp post into this charming Christmas scene. The aerial perspective is excellent.  The little elf is so cute and his complementary red and green clothing draws one's attention.  The purple shadows definitely give the impression that it's brrrrrrr cold.  You created good color harmony by repeating that purple throughout the painting - on the snow, the bear, the trees and the elf's face.  Great colors for the bear's shadows.  You handled the white on white very well.  I absolutely love this and look forward to receiving it as a card for Christmas.  You're so good with those pastels.   

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 13 Nov 2012 3:29 AM

Jen this is a great Christmas scene! The light even looks like winter light and the elf's rosey cheek adds even more charm. Very nice!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Page 7 of 17 (246 items) « First ...  < Previous  5 6 7 8 9  Next >  ... Last » | RSS