Challenge #25 - November 2012

This post has 245 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 6 Nov 2012 6:18 AM

Hi Nadine. I'm looking forward to seeing your art!

Wow Marsha! You are on a roll. I haven't even decided on which November picture to try yet!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 6 Nov 2012 7:55 AM

Marsha, very nice drawing of the polar bear.  He looks like he's looking directly at us and perhaps saying something or growling.  Your rocks are excellent.  Your rocks rock!!!  Many people struggle with rocks but you seem to have the formula.  I like the background trees and the fact that you used dark behind the white bear.  I'm assuming this is colored pencil since I see some color on the big rock and fallen tree trunks.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 6 Nov 2012 3:27 PM

Thank you Sam and Catherine. its fun doing some negative  art with pencil.

I just now looked at the post of my polar bear and the colors didn't seem to show up. the original has a bit more color to it.  but the camera didn't show it up.

yes it is colored pencil,  I tried to use the texture of the paper to my advantage.   Now on to the next one....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,047
Points 46,340
on 6 Nov 2012 5:49 PM

Gee, Marsha, I've been THINKING about the bear for a few days and - whap! - you've already got it posted! I agree with Sam on the rocks and really like the mossy look on them. Plus, you captured the setting, not just the bear. In addition, your bear has PERSONALITY. Kudos!

Nadine, welcome to our group!

This iteration of the bear (and note I avoided the hard stuff like rocks and logs and trees) is 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" and was drawn with watercolor pencils on hot-pressed watercolor paper.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 1:22 AM

Santa 9x12 Watercolor on Stonehenge paper.   painted while listening to the Election Results.   I wish I had used regular watercolor paper.  but oh well.   I kinda like him...

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,047
Points 46,340
on 7 Nov 2012 2:28 AM

Marsha, this is beautiful You captured his face and beard perfectly, and my eye jumps right to his face as the focal poiint of the picture.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 3:46 AM

Alexandra your bear looks frosty and I like the pink you've added to him/her.

Marsha that santa is really really nice! 

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,525
Points 24,470
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 6:44 AM

Marsha what a great painting especially since its not on WC paper.  His hat looks a little flat to me almost like he has a scarf tied around his head.  His face is great with his glasses just barely showing up because they are wire framed just superb.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 9:34 AM

Marsha, This is really good work, very impressive.  Asusanrae

• | Post Points: 0
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 9:41 AM

I love this bear Alex, amazing colors.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 10:15 AM

I realize that there aren't any fish themes but I picked up on Sammy's encouragment to paint for a Christmas card.I love Charlie Brown Christmas themes. Name of my painting is  "God's love shines down to the deepest depth of the Sea"    w/c 10x14  Asusanrae

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,715
on 7 Nov 2012 12:39 PM

Alex, the polar bear in your loose, free impressionistic style is wonderful.  I love the colors you applied for the shadows.  He looks cuddly. This is a really cute little gem.

Marsha, it's so nice that you made Santa look like a real person and not the counterfeit like on the reference photo.  Nice glasses and curly beard.    He looks like the kindly, good gentleman that he is.  This is a really nice watercolor piece. 

Susan, you always were an original.  Only you would think to put a Christmas tree underwater.  Why not?  I  love a few of the fish - the orange one at top left- the yellow one at far left -  the green and red one in front of him, and especially the yellow one with personality or is it attitude at the bottom right.  The plant life is interesting and appears to have lights and ornaments.  This is a great card of an underwater Christmas.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 1:09 PM

Thank you Sammy, you have always encouraged me on my "originals" As my encouragement to others, I am posting my painting as my Christmas

card. Yes, the bottom yellow fish is my "pout" fish, all alone not liking Christmas. ;o)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 1:30 PM

Very pretty colors. I like the tree a lot. It looks like it's lit up under the water. Very neat idea!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,525
Points 24,470
Berkenstock wrote
on 7 Nov 2012 3:40 PM

Here is my Old World Santa.  He is approximately 5x7 Pen & India ink tinted with wc on bristol.  I think I am going to make Christmas cards with him.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 3 of 17 (246 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS