on 17 Nov 2012 1:52 PM

Jim C&C welcomed

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,588
Points 25,565
Berkenstock wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 4:43 PM

James nice bear.  I like how you put him or her in a natural setting instead of the zoo like the photo was.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 17 Nov 2012 7:51 PM

Very nice James.The rocks and tree colors are beautiful!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 18 Nov 2012 4:15 PM

Thank you Geri and Catherine this took me a very long time I gave up on it twice  I appreciate your encouraging comments                      James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,997
Points 50,395
Turps245 wrote
on 18 Nov 2012 4:20 PM
James I am glad you didn't give up on this. It is beautiful and I love the green and blue pallet.the bear and his surroundings are very believable, he looks ready and alert to grab a nice fat fish. Good job.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 18 Nov 2012 4:29 PM

James:  I love the Polar Bear....   Love the colors and softness.   what medium did you use?  I love his eyes and face....  Good job..

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 18 Nov 2012 5:53 PM

Thank you Marsha and Jen . I started out with colored pencils on watercolor paper then went to graphite on the upper right got disgusted and went to thinned acrylics as thin as watercolor and worked on it till I almost liked it and here it is" bearly acceptable "{at least I like that } I thought of "Bearly Audible "for a title and just said to hell with it and took a nap,{a nap solves almost all of the universe's problems }  anyway I really am thankful for both of your very nice comments     thank you all               James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,588
Points 25,565
Berkenstock wrote
on 18 Nov 2012 5:58 PM

If a nap solves all universal problem I guess thats why Reagan took so manyWink

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 20 Nov 2012 8:16 PM

Wow, I have been gone for awhile and I had to read from page 1-11. You guys have been painting furiously producing wonderful arts one after another. It's hard to catch up.

First I will  welcome those who is new and those who have come back:

Nadine-Welcome to our group, hope to see your work soon.

Alex and SusanA- Welcome back. Always nice to see familiar faces.

Marsha- you are very studious and producing beautiful works-I love your CP white bear, he looks handsome. Your WC Santa is nice with bushy beard and you made it into a beautiful card I would love to have. Your skinny Santa is a hoot! and your "Copper kettles" is very..very good. The little sprig of Christmas leaves make it festive. The little painting of the creek and evergreen row is nice and pleasant to the eyes. Like the way you zig-zaging the creek.

Alex- Your little bear is very nice and your Santa has nice variety of colors and has old style look to it-good to make it into Christmas card.

Susan A- Your Deep Sea painting is colorful abstract of happy fish-only you can do it. I recognize your style right away. This will make very nice Christmas card too.

Geri- Love your Santa and his crooked eye-glasses. It is very interesting style.

Joyce- Love your Ho Ho Bear, he is cute and I love your BG too. Your Finished card is very nice.

James- The Princess and the Frog are in the Pots. LOL. Can't help but laugh at at the Frog in Santa uniform.

Sammy- The technique you used to create Santa is truly unique and the result is fantastic. He came out loose, clear and cute. 

Jen- Your elf riding polar bear is very creative and unique. I like all the colors you used. They make the painting soft and serene. Wonderful job. You are very good with pastels.

Catherine- your little row of evergreen is nice and simple but catchy, less is more style. It made me look at it twice and I got a happy feeling.

That's it, if I skip someone or some paintings, please let me know, I will look again.

As a post script:  every one of  these art pieces is wonderful to make into Christmas cards that would be treasured by the recipients.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 20 Nov 2012 8:41 PM

Now - I am posting my Christmas card that I started at the beginning of the second week of this month but could only work on it a little at a time due to other obligations plus tending to my health. Nothing drastic but each program has taken some time. I had a series of dental appointment then another series of Physical Therapy that I have to go three times per week for four weeks plus having to do the PT homework. Time gets away from me so fast before I know it, it's almost Thanksgiving. I forced myself to work on it and get to the stopping point this evening. There are still some loose ends to be worked on such as the snow areas that I am not happy of. The horse is rather small but it's won't be easy to change so we just have to think he is a colt that comes out for his first job.

This is acrylic on Gesso coated watercolor paper, 140 lbs cold press.

Image size is 8"X11"

Right Hug Sandi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,588
Points 25,565
Berkenstock wrote
on 20 Nov 2012 8:51 PM

Sandi nice little card.  Santa looks like he is leaning because he is taking the turn a little fast but the donkey / pony looks like he is going slow.  Beautiful moonlight shadows a nice soft blue.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 20 Nov 2012 9:38 PM

Geri- Thanks for comment. Santa is leaning because he is trying to pull the horse to make a turn into the roadway to the cottage, I think.

Right Hug Sandi

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 20 Nov 2012 10:57 PM

Sandi.....I just love this painting, perfect Christmas card.

James......Your bear is precious just love the colors.

I sure hope I haven't missed any paintings that I haven't commented on. After busy and hectic days, I turn to this forum and its just simply a delightful part of my evening relaxation. I hope that I get a card from each one of you, each and every painting is priceless. Happy Thanksgiving to each of you by name.  Asusanrae

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 21 Nov 2012 7:57 AM

I love the pine trees! Your painting is so colorful and in the moment!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 21 Nov 2012 8:33 AM

James, you did a great job with the polar bear painting.  Good drawing and colors.  I like his face, the rocks and the semi-abstract background.  I'm assuming it is oil.  Very nice.

Sandi, you incorporated many aspects of the reference photos into this painting - Santa, the trees, snow, the lamp post.  Your sky and trees are well done.    Santa is definitely the focal point and in a sweet spot.  I like the yellow glow of the lamp on the snow and the blue shadows.  Very cute and perfect for a Christmas card.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Page 11 of 17 (246 items) « First ...  < Previous  9 10 11 12 13  Next >  ... Last » | RSS