CHALLENGE 24 - October, 2012 - HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY!!

This post has 187 Replies | 10 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 1 Oct 2012 9:32 AM

Happy 2nd Anniversary!!

ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE

October marks the end of our second year with ARTIST DAILY. what a grand two years it has been.  This month’s challenge will be a little different in celebration of our anniversary.  There will be individual instructions for each of the different challenges, but as always, remember the biggest rule of all is you do not have to listen to the instructions-Stick out tongue -YOU CAN MAKE IT YOUR OWN!!  Just remember the most important instruction:  HAVE FUN!!!

Welcome to  ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE – October, 2012

Challenge:   Create artwork based on any or all of these photos and themes. Use any medium and any style. Stick to the photo(s) exactly or just use them as a starting point - feel free to change colors, composition, add or subtract elements or take a complete departure.   In other words, HAVE FUN and keep painting!

Target Posting Date:   October 1, 2012 –  October 31, 2012

BE SURE TO POST YOUR WORK HERE IN THIS THREAD SO OUR CHALLENGES WON'T GET CONFUSED WITH EACH OTHER.

Another posting note:  When you post your painting, be sure to “sign” your post with the name that you wish for participants to use when replying to your post.  We are gaining new participants all the time and it is sometimes difficult to remember who posted what.  An alternative would be to create a “signature line” that will automatically appear on each one of your posts.  (If anyone needs instructions on how to do that, let Holly know and she will send instructions to you.)

(To submit photos and suggestions for these challenges, please start a "conversation" with Holly [holland2] here on this forum and attach your photo or photos.  OR – volunteer to host the thread for a specific month.  Check out the Volunteer Hosting Schedule thread.)

Happy Painting!

Challenges:

1.    This Old House- There are a few of us who will remember this challenge from before the Artist Daily forum!!  (I think I used it the first time 3 years ago on the other forum.) - - Those of us who did it then (I think there are only 4 or 5 of us), you can repost your old one or do it again for an entirely new one.  I think it would be fun for us to all see our old ones (– along with a new one -) if you still have it. The photo was taken by Susan (asusanrae) who has not participated for a long time, but she was with us on the previous forum and has been with us here on Artist Daily.

The instructions for This Old House are to imagine what life in this house would have been like in its prime, before it got abandoned and deteriorated, and show us what you think it was like.  In other words:

BRING THIS OLD HOUSE BACK TO LIFE!!

2.    A Tree This is a lonely little tree - - Give him some buddies and paint (or draw, etc.) in a different season – any season is fine.

3.    Flowers, Flowers, and More Flowers – Use these flowers to spark your creative juices and paint them in a field or in a vase or several of them together or in a bouquet  - What kind of bouquet would you like to receive or would you give for your anniversary?  Or, if you would rather just paint one (or a few) of them sort of like a portrait.  (I’ve added a little greenery that you might want to use along with the flowers.)

Happy Anniversary and HAPPY PAINTING, EVERYONE!!

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,860
Points 47,715
Turps245 wrote
on 1 Oct 2012 11:21 AM
Hi Holly, thanks for the new anniversary Challenge. Oh yes I remember the old barn. I will have to look that one out. Lots to choose from. I love that yellow rose!

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,930
jatravis wrote
on 1 Oct 2012 11:45 AM

Holly - wonderful challenge - you certainly know how to get the creative juices flowing!  The photos are wonderful!  Can't decide what to do with so many choices!

Thank You for presenting this challenge......

Judy   C&C appreciated

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 1 Oct 2012 1:01 PM

Hi Holly, I love all the pictures, I send you a few pictures months ago that I thought would be good for one of these challenges did you lose them or were they not right for us to do?  My challenge to myself is to do 1 picture each month.  Chat with you all later and thanks again Holly.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,900
kmbjbb wrote
on 1 Oct 2012 2:43 PM

I really like the old house, but I think it's a little too advanced for me. I may try the tree first, then if I can, I will try the old house. Got to ease myself back into this.

Hubby had a Lllloooonnnngggg talk with his mother last night and she has agreed that I can use CP until we get moved.

**update - daughter and I agreed that I should start with the old house. Printing the picture for reference now,. ooooooo I'm so excited now!!!!

Kristina-

“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ~ Pablo Picasso

C & C are always welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,449
Points 23,325
Berkenstock wrote
on 1 Oct 2012 3:15 PM

I can see Fred's mind just a spinning trying to find a way to move the bears or Martens into that old house.  Can't wait Fred.  Myself I think I will try the Pansy and hope that it comes out.

Geri

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,860
Points 47,715
Turps245 wrote
on 1 Oct 2012 3:43 PM

Well I didn't put bears in mine just munchkins. this is from when ever it was we last did this. I didn't date it and couldn't find it in my archives in the computer so I just took another picture of it. I may have another go but this is what the old house told me.

9x12 pastels

it seems to have lost some details but it was not stored too well.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 1 Oct 2012 5:20 PM

Jen - I remember this one. I just love that you got all your grandchildren and their pets in it.

Fred - You were involved in the other forum, too - - and I think you did one for THIS OLD HOUSE, didn't you?

I found mine, too.  It's watercolor and watercolor is just such a mystery to me.

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 1 Oct 2012 7:12 PM

Holly, great reference photos.  That yellow rose is tempting.  Is that your photo?  Also, the flower in the glass bowl is so interesting.  Your rendition of the old house is warm and sunny.  I love the girl swinging in the tire.  Nice tree.

Jen, what fun!  The foliage above the roof is super.  I love the pigs, chickens and cows in the field.  You gave this old house a lot of personality.    

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 1 Oct 2012 7:43 PM

Welcome back Kristina

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Oct 2012 9:45 PM

WOW!  great pictures and what nice inspirational thoughts to go with them... 

Jen: I love your little house with nostalgic goings on.

Holly:  what a warm sunny summer afternoon, a lazy day .   you wc is very good...  The old homestead is full of life from both of you

Fred I can see you in this one as well but don't forget the OH.....

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,449
Points 23,325
Berkenstock wrote
on 1 Oct 2012 9:48 PM

Jen and Holly your houses both look folksy.  Jen I noticed that your hens must not have been laying that dayWink

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Oct 2012 9:59 PM

Looks like they were busy eating first.  hee hee

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 2 Oct 2012 6:04 AM

Holly- Great photos. There's a variety of trees and flowers. I think I will do flowers in a vase and it is calling for Oil Pastel again.

Here is my "The Old House" that I did then. It is now called "The New Arrivals to America". The family was supposed to be British and I named them all with British names which I forgot. As I vaguely remember, the man's name was Peter and Jen helped me with the woman's name since Jen has British root. Jen,can you remember? I totally forgot the boy"s name.

Anyhow, enjoy history with me.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 2 Oct 2012 6:08 AM

Oh, I remember now, the woman's name was Abigail. I don't know what I did with the painting and will have to look through all my drawers.

Holly- Thanks for bringing back memories of the good old days.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Page 1 of 13 (188 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS