Challenge #20--June, 2012

This post has 163 Replies | 9 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 515
S.artista wrote
on 13 Jun 2012 11:02 AM

welcome to the group Teresa. i think flowers are always beautiful :)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 90
on 13 Jun 2012 11:35 AM

Thank you for your comments.  The rose is a digital image size 12" x 12".  I forgot we have a bio page.  I guess I should spend a little time there.

I am located in Los Angeles, CA.  Practicing artist for 20 years.  Formal education includes a BFA in Painting.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 90
on 13 Jun 2012 11:39 AM

Roses and summer go together in my mind.  

Image is 12x12 and it is digital.  My formal education includes a BFA in Painting. I have been exploring the arts for 20 years.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,719
Points 44,810
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Jun 2012 12:59 AM

Teressa nice didgi. Love the way the darks and rose colours swirl. Welcome to the group. I hope we some more of your work.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,719
Points 44,810
Turps245 wrote
on 14 Jun 2012 1:03 AM

I had another go with Sandi's beautiful little great Niece. Still not got her likeness but closer.

in my sketchbook with 2b pencil.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 14 Jun 2012 8:06 AM

Jen, excellent drawing of Amayn.   Good job on her cute little mouth and tongue and little pudgy nose.  Her eyes look good, too, although you may have exaggerated the curve at the bottom of her right eye (our left).  I increased the reference photo to 350% and still couldn't see the details of the eye very well.  You did a bang up job with the hair.  I love her hair - the natural, wind blown look.  Very adorable and well executed!

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 14 Jun 2012 11:46 AM

Aw...Jen--You made my heart soft as I am looking at Amaryn's smile. This is a very good beginning. You've got the essence of this little girl who seems to enjoy life at every step of her little feet. When this is done it will be great.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 14 Jun 2012 8:54 PM

jen very nice .  The eye on the left looks like it is too low by a little bit but the rest of the picture is very well done.

Geri

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 330
on 18 Jun 2012 1:57 PM

Hello to all, My name is Maronna and I am Marsha's Eldest Daughter ( Hi MOM). She has invited me to the forum so this is my first post. I started off with the solo bird and I am pretty happy with the body, but I think the head is a bit bigger than the photo. 

I love the new picture posted of Sandi's granddaughter... I think I will give that one a try

Pastels an grey cold press

Maronna

C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,719
Points 44,810
Turps245 wrote
on 18 Jun 2012 2:12 PM
Hi Maronna, and a warm welcome to the forum. Looks like you and Mum share a tallent. I like what you have done with the gull and agree the head is is a tad too big.He looks great though and the feathers are well done, The reflections and water read well too. I love the picture of Sandi's neice too and look forward to seeing your version of her. Thanks Sandi, Sammy and Gerri for your positive words. I will go back and rework her eye but I am not adding any colour to it. It stands as a drawing.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 18 Jun 2012 3:20 PM

Maroona welcome aboard.  Love how you did the water but like mine the head has some issues.  Good work.

Geri

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 330
on 18 Jun 2012 6:54 PM

Thanks...Yeah, it was pretty late and dark when I was working on it...I looked at it this morning and went arrrrg. I may re-do it later. For now I have been itching to do some watercolor and am working on Sandi's Granddaughter. 

I really liked yours. I have trouble leaving the colored paper showing through in charcoals. been awhile since my figure drawing class

Maronna

C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,905
Points 46,650
on 18 Jun 2012 7:20 PM

Maronna.  What a pretty name!  Welcome aboard.  Your bio indicates that you are into music as well as art.  You surely are your mother's daughter.

Except for the big head, you did a fantastic job on the shore bird.  The feathers on his back look really good.  The water is well done as is the reflection of the bird in the water.  He may benefit from a darker shadow on his underside (belly).  I'll really interested in seeing your portrait once it is completed. 

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 22,395
Berkenstock wrote
on 18 Jun 2012 8:07 PM

Well at least you got to take a figure grawing class.  I went to school in the bible belt (Arkansas) and something like a life drawing class was unheard of.  Maybe some day I will be able to take one.

Geri

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 330
on 18 Jun 2012 8:15 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Sam,

I have to learn patience with water color. Waiting for glazes to get dry before applying the next layer. What a beautiful little girl.

I am thinking of trying to layer the pastels on the shore bird with an abstract kind of feel next time.

M

Maronna

C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Page 5 of 11 (164 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS