Adding gold leaves to oil paint

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65
lale3 Yes [Y] wrote
on 21 Mar 2012 8:23 AM

Hi,

I would like to add gold leaves on some parts of my oil paintings, can I directly put them on the paint?

İs there any possibility that a chemical reaction occure with the oil paintings under the gold foils?

Do I need to wait until the underpainting be dry, and then put some glue (which kind?) and then put the gold foils?

I would like to make collages with other organic things.

I had done paintings with silk cloth directly on oil paint, and painted on that silk with oil, nothing bad happened in 20 years.

Thanks in advance if you can help me.

You are welcome to have a look to my paintings in:

www.laleokonsar.com

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 120
trumantesta wrote
on 9 Aug 2012 5:33 AM

You can find lot of information about anything on the internet, find your question and click on the most relevant title, or find artist blot, article website, you can collect more information from there, or consult with any artist they can help you better than others.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
pamela-ca wrote
on 19 Mar 2014 9:33 AM

Lale, I'm sorry this reply comes very late. First off I wanted to say I really like your paintings! As far as your question, I was also looking for information regarding putting the leaves directly on the paint.

gold leaves However I know that there shouldn't be any chemical reactions when it comes to oil paintings, from my limited experience. Gold is a tricky material because you can't really afford to miss your move :-) Wish there was a book/guide about scrapbooking/painting with gold.

All the best

Pam

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS