Top 150 Contributor
Posts 321
Points 22,790
American Artist Staff
Editor
Brian Riley wrote
on 5 Mar 2012 2:30 PM

Hey Artists!

Use this space to discuss your entries, ask questions, or just find like-minded artists interested in Drawing’s "Shades of Gray" Art Competition.

Brian Riley
Managing Editor
American Artist

Watercolor
Drawing
Workshop

• | Post Points: 230
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 635
Max_Azazzy wrote
on 25 Apr 2012 1:17 PM

Brian, is the purpose of the gallery link on each contest area to show us what peices have been entered so far?

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
ksonger wrote
on 7 May 2012 6:02 PM

Hey Brian,

Sorry to bother with a question - I submitted my question to the info mailbox for the competition, but it seems like it's bouncing email.  I was just wondering if black or gray papers are okay to work with, or does it need to be only white surfaces?

Best,

Ken

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
gaoxingru wrote
on 26 Jun 2012 1:11 AM

No doubt, oil paintings are synonym to abstract art and depict the real inside feelings of the artist on canvas. You will get opportunity of oil work of art for sale several times in your city, country and nearby area. It is so; many of the famous painters put their paintings on sale to collect a handsome amount of fund for any social cause like charities etc. These masterpieces serve as the best and excellent gift for loved ones. These paintings will represent your real love and respect to the receiver.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,128
Points 22,385
jcurry wrote
on 28 Aug 2012 8:48 PM

I too would like to know the answer to the question to Brian from Max regarding the purpose of the gallery link on each contest area.

Jan

C & C Welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
emilinich wrote
on 1 Sep 2012 5:31 PM

Hi Bryan,

In Shades of gray Competition ,can we use gray toned paper?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
emilinich wrote
on 2 Sep 2012 2:39 PM

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
devilspit wrote
on 14 Sep 2012 8:13 AM

I noticed the:

"EXTENDED DEADLINE: OCTOBER 12, 2012. "

But when you go to the contest page it still has: "SEPTEMBER 10, 2012"  Then I click on the link to enter and it just reloads the current page.

Is this supposed to be like that or what?

It's confusing....

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
on 15 Sep 2012 10:54 PM

Before I enroll my painting in Shades of Gray. Can my oil painting entered contest. My first time this I'm 71 yrs old now but shorting after I retired five yrs ago I started taking fine painting never had before I was very scared to try. I love the media very much I had painting in juror contest and that painting I was only painted for about year. What a thrill, thank you for taking the time to answer my email, Linda

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
on 15 Sep 2012 11:07 PM

Thank you for taking time to answer my mail.

My question is I had done a gray shades painting in a still life and is done in oils.

Would this painting quantify for the shades of gray? contest.

I'm 71 yrs old now, in 2007 I retired age 66 and started oil painting class at a local adult class. I never painted in oils I was very scared.

Now oil painting is my favorite media.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
on 15 Sep 2012 11:08 PM

I'm asking too much answer email asap thx again Linda

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
Gina Lourens wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 10:08 AM

Hi - I entered my husband into this competition on the 1st of August (we are in South Africa) and I can't see any of his works in the Shades of Gray Gallery? Does one need to request it to go into the gallery or is it automatic?

Thanks so much. Gina

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
mjraska wrote
on 30 Sep 2012 1:34 PM

I also entered a friend in the contest and her picture is not in the gallery nor have I heard anything back from AADaily. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 52
Points 835
VTA wrote
on 6 Oct 2012 10:32 AM

I think you have to upload it to the gallery your self.

At the gallery on the top right is the upload button.

-V

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 70
inkartist1 wrote
on 16 Oct 2012 4:30 PM

Since the deadline date was moved back a month, when will notifications be made?

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS