challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 644
Points 23,050
bernof wrote
on 5 Nov 2012 12:21 PM

Love your frogs Marsha,maybe you'll let a couple accompany my bears to Mars.This is another in my series, Ruthie and Bennie are welcomed to a Martian underground city where the 98% of Martians live in harmony in spite of ethnic diversity and welcome the earthlings as friends and neighbors. 11x14 140# arches CP limited palette using Aureolin,Cobalt Blue, Rose Madder and Paynes Grey

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 5 Nov 2012 1:57 PM

I bet Marsha's frogs would love the green bear. very fun Fred! Also the rocks are really neat again. You do great rock formations!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 5 Nov 2012 4:19 PM

Marsha, great frogs.  Your choice of Marine Green is excellent and you applied it so well.  I love the expressions on their faces.  Their bodies and limbs look pudgy the way frogs are.  I love it.

Fred, now that is colorful.  Love the array of colors for the Martian bears.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 5 Nov 2012 4:50 PM

Fred it would be an honor to join you in this beautiful and harmonious place to live.  I'm certainly ready right now to pack my hmmmmm   what do frogs pack anyway....   ????  I know you have water there and they would be happy with that.....    Their names will be Namron and Shamar.... They can hibernate with the bears as they do. but be careful when they awake they are much more prolific than bears..... tee hee...  I know the bears like turtles but please don't eat my frog legs....

I love your painting as usual..... you make my day happy.

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 5 Nov 2012 10:24 PM

FRED:  After I posted the last remark I got to thinking,  if you have a frog you have to have a Toad.   So I whipped this one up for you to bring along to mars.   He is just coming out of hibernation,  opps maybe he is just getting ready to go INTO hibernation being it is November already.  I know my frogs went into their long winter nap in October.  

"Meet Kroaker the grumpy Toad"

colored pencil on Strathmore vellum finish   5x8

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 6 Nov 2012 3:38 AM

Catherine, I love your orchid.   beautiful wc work....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 6 Nov 2012 3:39 AM

Fred,  I added a Polar Bear to the November challenge,   maybe he can join your group as well.  tee hee......

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 733
Points 12,375
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 6 Nov 2012 6:28 AM

Good start Catherine with your flower.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 733
Points 12,375
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 6 Nov 2012 6:29 AM

Marsha your frog is good, nice colours beautiful.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 6 Nov 2012 8:07 AM

Marsha, Kroaker does indeed appear to be grumpy. You used very subtle colors on this guy and captured all his warts, bumps and wrinkles very well.  It looks like you used just a few colors and they work nicely or should I say you worked them well.  It seems that you are in a frog phase and you do a good job on them.  Who knows, he may just hop himself into one of Fred's imaginary spacescapes.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 6 Nov 2012 8:36 AM

Thank you Marsha and Joyce. At Sam's suggestion I tweaked the pot in the pencil drawing of the orchids and it looks more rounded now. I'm working on a second orchid painting/drawing but this time I'm actually making an effort to think about it and trying to compose something! So far I have a table with the orchid on it, two marbles on the table, a window and ledge in the background. I put the background wash in for color and am drawing on that with an HB pencil. I'm trying to learn how to compose a still life and have it appear balanced while using a color scheme that is complementary. This will be a study piece with the drawing marks still there but sometimes I like to see drawing marks with watercolor. I worked on it early this morning and now just need to put in the window woodwork and start painting it.  

It's fun having other artists to talk to. If I said all of this to anyone else I would be watching their eyes glaze over. lol

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,588
Points 25,565
Berkenstock wrote
on 6 Nov 2012 11:13 AM

Marsha your toad looks like the cat that swallowed the canary.  Not that that is a bad thing just an observation.  I have a wc print of a toad that my friend gave me.  they are neat fellows I guess I will have to try to do one one of these days.  Nice work.

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,250
wetpaperfan wrote
on 6 Nov 2012 5:02 PM

HMMmmmmmm good...  I should add a feather... tee hee....

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,052
Points 46,410
on 6 Nov 2012 5:59 PM

Catherine, a beautiful watercolor of your orchid! Adding the color brought it ot life.

Marsha, love how the frogs look real AND have attitude - hard to capture but you did it!

Fred, there is more to your work than charm - you manage to tip your hat to social issues as well!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,105
C. Brown wrote
on 6 Nov 2012 6:29 PM

Thank you Alexandra.There are so many things you can do with watercolors. I love them. 

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Page 81 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  79 80 81 82 83  Next >  ... Last » | RSS