challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 7 Jan 2012 7:12 PM

Fred, your pillars are awesome.  This is truly a beautiful place and you represent it well.  Great colors on the spires and, as Sandi said, really nice foliage.  I love the three conifers on top of the far right spire.  I don't think that I would want to take up mountain climbing in the area.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 8 Jan 2012 2:23 PM

I saw a new ophthalmologist on Friday and liked him very much.  He said that what the manufacturers of the ReStor lenses have to say sounds great and initially he tried them on some of his customer and found that they do not live up to the hype and he doesn't recommend them for his patients.  He said I'm having so much trouble because of astigmatism.  He doesn't recommend surgery and would like to correct the problem with glasses.

The technician spent a lot of time with me because she could she the trouble I was having.  Finally, we got 20/20 vision through the lenses in the big machine and we ordered new glasses with those prescriptions.  I won't have them for two weeks but I really want them right now.  Anyhow, I'm excited.  I may be able to see again.  That's something to look forward to.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Jan 2012 4:13 PM
Sammy that is good news. It will make a huge difference in your life and-how well you can do art. What a shame the initial surgery was not a success and you have had all this bother. All is well with me apparently and I have some more good news. My youngest daughter ( the Curly one's Mum) is going to have a baby in the Summer. So Curly one will be a big brother!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 8 Jan 2012 4:45 PM

Congratulation, Jen.  Now you may have Little Curly One.  How many grandchildren do you have?

I've been thinking about Marsha this weekend.  She doesn't see her daughters or grandchildren very often and one daughter and granddaughter are visiting this weekend.  I'm so happy for her.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Jan 2012 5:10 PM
It will be four with the new one. We are joking and saying if it is a girl she will have my straight hair instead of Grandpa's curls! I think this will be the last one though. Yes it has been two years since Marsha saw her little ones so I am sure she is having a ball. It is so hard when your children live so far away.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 8 Jan 2012 6:37 PM

Hello everyone,  I am enjoying my family here, I read where you referred to them as my little ones, so I am including a picture of my little ones.  I think I am the little one....    tee hee....     Three generations taken yesterday.

My daughter is an artist and I just finished showing her this Artist Network Chat and challenge area and she said she would like to join, so we will see when she gets home if she will have time. 

Fred -the pictures from China with and with out fog are both lovely. 

Jen - I looked at your finished oil of old rusty, great job....

I saw the new postings of the new challenges,  wow!  these will be quite a challenge to say the least..

Sammy I am glad to hear about your possible solution to your stigmatism,  I too have the same problem,  They also want me to have cataract surgery and I'm not liking at all.  My husband had it then almost lost his eye due to glaucoma ...  I'm not diabetic so I probably would have to much to worry about.  but I do hope you enjoy the new glasses.  I use tri-focals

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 8 Jan 2012 8:00 PM
Hi Marsha, Ahhh don't you look happy with your little ones too! I guess as all my grandchildren are young 9 to 4 I think everyone has "little " kids too! It would be fun if your daughter joined us too. I hope she can find time to join us. does your granddaughter paint too? Thanks for the nice words on my old truck. I think I need to touch up a few details but it's close. You can crop the challenge photos any way you want to paint a small section so don't feel overwhelmed. You are a good artist I know you can do a good job on any of them.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 8 Jan 2012 10:35 PM

Marsha, what a great photo.  You are beaming and "your little one" towers over you.  What an attractive young lady your granddaughter is and what a great smile your daughter has - beautiful skin, too.  You look terrific - great smile as well. 

We'll look forward to seeing your daughter's work.  What is her name?  What medium does she work in? 

Enjoy the rest of your visit and then get back to those wc pencils!!!  You're so good with them.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 9 Jan 2012 7:29 AM

Greetings from Northeastern Colorado!!!   This is a great forum - thanks so much Sam for pointing me in this direction.  Hope to stop back often with a cup of my favorite hot beverage and see what's going on outside my little corner of the universe.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 9 Jan 2012 7:44 AM

Sheila, It's great that you dropped in.  Hope you post some of your work here.

Everybody, be sure to check out Sheila's bio page and then her blog.  Scroll down because she has really nice work posted there.  I particularly love "The Apple Peeler."  When you get to that, click on it to enlarge it and enjoy.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 9 Jan 2012 2:07 PM

Sammy- So glad you found the answer to your eyes' problem. Can't wait to see more of your paintings with the new eyesight. Such good news!

Marsha- Nice photo of your three generations. You guys look so happy together. Even if we are apart many thousand miles, the family ties are still strong. My son and his family including my two grandchildren, age ten and seven, live three thousand miles away. We try to go visit them at least once a year. Sometimes they come over but not too often. Hope your daughter will join us soon.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 9 Jan 2012 2:20 PM

Sheila- Welcome to this little group. We are always happy to have someone new joining us.  I also used to be a Coloradan before I moved South to Florida. We lived in South East Denver Metro area called Centennial for 30 plus years even before our area became Centennial. Where are you in Northeastern of Colorado? Are you close to Greeley? My son went to College in Greeley for his Bachelor degree. He loved it there. I checked your blogs and you are very talented. Love the little wagon on the Prairie. I took a photo of a wagon I think it was in Scott Bluff. Sent it to a show but didn't win. Still have the photo in frame hanging in the living room.

Please come visit us again soon.  

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,814
Points 46,840
Turps245 wrote
on 9 Jan 2012 3:01 PM
Sheila: welcome to the forum. I love your art the children on the beach particularly appeal. I also like the free flowing " pen tangos" they look a like a lot of fun. I hope you will try some challenges and show your art here. How do you know our Sammy?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 200
Points 3,665
on 9 Jan 2012 6:09 PM

Thanks for checking out my art.   Glad you like it.  I live on a wheat farm just south of Sidney Nebraska and about 30 miles north of Sterling, CO.  Guess you could say in the middle of "everywhere".  

I met Sam here on Artist Daily.   This is such a great site - love everyone's art!!  I really have to watch my time so I don't spend hours here - which could definitely be possible.

Here is the painting of the apple peeler.  I picked it up at an auction - loved all the gears, thought it would be fun to paint.  (It actually does peel apples) 

I look forward to attempting some of the challenges - excellent subject matter!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 62
Points 2,275
on 10 Jan 2012 12:34 AM

Hello All

Yes I'm still around. I read all the posts but seldom get the chance to reply. Since we have a new chatter thread I'll make a resolution to keep up with it this year and be more active. The works posted in the challenge and the chatter threads have been awesome. I'm about to finish up my cloud series. I've completed 11 paintings, going to go for about 15 and select the best 10 or so to try to show. It's been a good challenge, and I feel I've grown a lot with my art as a result. Since it's going to be a show (probably at a library) and not a juried event, I'm not sure the etiquette of posting some of them prior to a show. Maybe one of the experts can give me their opinion on that.

I've started a challenge picture for the last months challenge....I'm not sure when I'll get it done, but I'll post it when I do. I need to finish a 'water' painting by this weekend for a juried show first.

I really enjoy all the posts here, and I'll push to contribute more frequently. I appreciate all the comments and look forward to hanging out with all my friends here......including the ones I haven't met yet. Happy New Year to everyone. Best wishes for 2012.

Dave

AKA Grizzly Painter...

C&C Welcome

Page 3 of 112 (1677 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS