challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 17 Dec 2012 1:52 PM

Fred..I really like your Santas. You and Geri ought to get together.

Geri...I like your sketch of your hand. One of these days I'm going to give colored paper a try. I thought about making my own by putting a wash over mixed media paper and drawing on that.

Marsha... I wasn't trying to lesson the effort and talent you've put into your latest painting in the memory of the children and teachers. I've had a tough time with the level of violence and the loss of so many innocent little lives.  I know we all are heartbroken. You did a very very good job on that memorial painting.  The colors are perfect.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

(No digital alterations please)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,449
Points 23,355
Berkenstock wrote
on 17 Dec 2012 2:43 PM

Fred you better hide your santas there is a certain person that has a thing for woody santas and she might be talking you out of one.Wink

How does Moses make tea??  Hebrews it.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,861
Points 47,720
Turps245 wrote
on 17 Dec 2012 3:44 PM
Fred, your Santas are great. They are the kind of ornaments I like on the tree childproof and whimsical. I fear Geri is right!! Well guys I am off to the grands so hope you all have a great Chritsmas or other holiday season ,don't eat too much and hug all your loved ones and enjoy life. If we are still here after the 21st I will see you in the New Year! Oh yes Catherine I got your snowy card too. Not sure if I said so with all the e-mail going crazy. Ho, ho, ho!!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 17 Dec 2012 4:37 PM

Jen have a wonderful time with the grands.   hug them close.   I don't get to see mine.   If you get a chance check in with us and let us know your still here after the 21.....   hmmmm

Catherine,  the painting was a very spiritual thing for me to do.  It was my way of memorializing them.   thank you for the compliments.  

Thank you all

Fred.   I love love love you woody Santa.s and Santa Bears... 

I did ask you about your pyrography equipment, did you use a heat regulator?

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,046
Points 46,330
on 17 Dec 2012 5:35 PM

Fred, your wooden Santas have the shapes of old-fashioned glass ornaments. Unique and clever!

Marsha, this drawing of a child's hand and an adult's hand is beautiful and heart-rending.

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 17 Dec 2012 6:00 PM

Marsha it's such a beautiful painting. I think there was an angel holding your hand too.

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 17 Dec 2012 6:27 PM

Fred, thank you so much for sharing the wooden Santas and dog.  They are delightful and you did a great job on them.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 18 Dec 2012 1:29 PM

Geri I used a Colwood Super Pro 2 and several different tips ,right now I'm teaching Ruthie how to woodburn.

This is a painting I finished today for the director of the Blue Ridge Mountain Art Center,she is retireing tonight after 6 yrs of outstanding accompishments, we became fast friends as we both were striving to make our community and Georgia proud of our art center

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,449
Points 23,355
Berkenstock wrote
on 18 Dec 2012 5:06 PM

Fred I am sure that she will treasure it always.  Very nice gesture.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 18 Dec 2012 10:26 PM

FRED,   It was Marsha  (me) that asked you for that information.   I am familiar with the Colwood items.  I have a dremel, with no temperature control.  I was wondering about a temperature control unit and the razortips but they are very expensive.  My stuff has been packed away in the garage for years.  I used to make a lot of jigsaw puzzles with my dremel saw and painted and decorated with the woodburning,   but when we moved here I never set it up again.  My grandkids still have all the puzzles.  My Ex-husband has a shop in Oregon where he does mega amounts of woodworking and sells it.

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 18 Dec 2012 11:00 PM

Fred, such a nice jester for you to paint this cute painting for the retiring director.  She surely will treasure it.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,421
Points 23,120
C. Brown wrote
on 19 Dec 2012 12:10 PM

Fred what a great way to send her off carrying wonderful memories!

Catherine Brown

C&C's are welcome.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 19 Dec 2012 4:53 PM

FRED:  I hope you had a good time and that your gift was well received just as that cup of warm spirits was given to Sarah.  What a nice memory...  I bet that is you bringing her a cup of coffee or tea or hot chocolate or hmmmmmm.   Let us know.  

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 21 Dec 2012 12:04 PM

Christmas Greetings to all my Friends

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,449
Points 23,355
Berkenstock wrote
on 21 Dec 2012 12:47 PM

Thank you Fred.  I wish you and yours the merriest of Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Geri

C and C always welcomed

Page 108 of 112 (1677 items) « First ...  < Previous  106 107 108 109 110  Next >  ... Last » | RSS