challenge CHATTER - 2012

This post has 1,676 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 1 Jan 2012 9:46 AM

Good Morning, All!

Welcome to the new "challenge CHATTER !!" thread.

This is the place for you to post and chat about things not related to the specific Challenges - an opportunity for us all to share our joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and let us all get acquainted.   The  "challenge CHATTER !!" thread will run annually rather than changing monthly as our Challenges do.

If you are responding to a comment on a previous "challenge CHATTER !!" thread, it would be less confusing if you "quote the comment" you are responding to and respond in the current "challenge CHATTER !!" thread.

Be sure, also, to check out these two Artist Daily forums:  Non-Art Discussions and Outside the Studio.  There are some really great threads and discussion going on in those two forums, too!  Specific media, as well as specific subject matter forums are available here too.  This is an exciting web site – be sure to take advantage of all of its full range of features.

Your non-challenge related paintings can always be posted in their media specific forums here on Artist Daily, and I encourage you all to follow the example of others and do that frequently!  It's so much fun to see everyone’s art work!

Our little corner of Artist Daily, AMPC, is growing and sometimes it's difficult to remember who posted what when we are replying to someone or reading other's replies.  With that in mind, please be sure to sign your posts with the name you wish to be addressed by.  When you are responding to someone's specific post, please use their name so everyone will know who you are responding to.  If you would like, it is really easy to just create a "signature line" that will automatically appear at the end of all of your posts.  (Start a "conversation" with me, if you need instructions.)

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

• | Post Points: 515
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 1 Jan 2012 2:41 PM

Good Day Holly. Glad you added another Chatter place for the New Year.

SO HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 TO EACH AND EVERY ONE WHO PARTICIPATES HERE AT AMPC. HOPE YOU HAVE A PROSPEROUS AND SUCCESSFUL YEAR!

I think JEN has said she will be back from out of town on the 4th. Then she will start her new monthly Challenge for January. If I am not correct some one please let me know.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 1 Jan 2012 3:05 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE.   HOPE IT'S A CREATIVE YEAR AS WELL AS HAPPY!

Thanks for starting the new Chatter thread, Holly.  Looking forward to hearing more from you this year as you retire from the USPS.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,862
Points 47,770
Turps245 wrote
on 1 Jan 2012 9:40 PM
Wow! A new Chatter thread and I still need to catch up with the old! HAPPY NEW YEAR! To you all too! Only three more days until I am home and can get to work on the new challenge thread. I will hopefully have it up by the weekend so hope you will all be patient. I just have to make a final selection on pictures. Thanks for your patience! Keep painting!

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 1 Jan 2012 10:17 PM

Big Smile  Happy Happy Happy New Year everyone....!!!!!  Wishing everyone a full new year of continued artistic development.  I know I am looking forward to challenging myself to artistic growth...

Marsha

MARSHA

Pastel Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full. (by Marsha Ross)

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 554
Points 8,005
csebeling wrote
on 2 Jan 2012 4:54 PM

Happy New Year Everyone! 

Cindy...last name Learn- C&C's always welcome. 

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 400
collisalee wrote
on 4 Jan 2012 9:18 AM

Hello,

I have been watching this Forum for about the past year i am so happy i found this site. i have yet to pick up a brush or a colored pencil or anything art related except maybe a magazine or 2. i made a promise to myself this year that i would participate in every challange i hope that i am able to keep my promise to myself. God has given me a gift a talent and i dont want to loose it by not using it. thanks for creating this forum everyone is so nice here and welcoming. im looking forward to the next challenge......

MecaBig Smile

Collisa or Meca Smile ( My whole name is Rameca Collisa Lee) Wink

C&C are welcomed

Always striving to be better and get better

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 4 Jan 2012 10:24 AM

Meca, you are most welcome to join us.  I am eager to see your work.  The new January Challenge thread will be posted this weekend.  That gives you time to try something in the current Challenge.  You can zero in and do just a small part of the reference photos of you can interpret it in your own way.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,862
Points 47,770
Turps245 wrote
on 4 Jan 2012 12:12 PM
Mecca: good to see you have been brave enough to unlurk and I hope you will join in the next challenge. I am hosting this first January one and on my way home today. I am hoping to get it all up this weekend. As you know we are a friendly and encouraging bunch of artists in all stages of learning and look forward to seeing your work.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 4 Jan 2012 7:27 PM

Meca - Welcome to the group. I commend you for having a determination to start now while still raising two young ones. Starting out with drawing or sketching will be a good base for painting later on.

Jen- Have a safe trip home. Taking special care if you are driving. We will wait until you get home so no hurry. England' tour sounds like fun.

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,862
Points 47,770
Turps245 wrote
on 4 Jan 2012 9:45 PM
Just got in. I had good flights and had a lovely time with my two big grandkids. They grow up way too fast! Also the Curly one will be getting a baby brother or sister in July. The small one was put out because the baby is due for C section on his birthday so I will be in Dallas instead of Chicago. Bad planning on my daughters part in my opinion but as they have been trying for a long time I guess I shouldn't complain! Will get to work on the next challenge as soon as I have got a breath!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 4 Jan 2012 10:35 PM

Jen, welcome home.  I'm so glad that you enjoyed your trip.  Looking forward to the new Challenge photos.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 5 Jan 2012 1:37 AM

Hello folks,  hope all are cheery and well.  I've been a little busy with my pencil.  (regular pencil)  I can hardly wait for the new colored pencils to arrive.  until then I'm doodlin' around.  Now does anyone have a suggestion as to what to do to keep the pencil drawing on a sketch pad from smudging...    the last one is from a photo of my grandson and his dog Yukon helping him do his homework... .   

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,862
Points 47,770
Turps245 wrote
on 5 Jan 2012 2:03 AM
Marsha: great sketches. Looks like you are a night owl like me. I like the perspective on the one of your grandson. I use Specrafix on my soft pastels, it works on graphite as well. I like to sketch too and anything can be a target!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,455
Points 29,260
wetpaperfan wrote
on 5 Jan 2012 2:35 AM

When do you start your classes back? 

Where do you live that you are up this late?

MARSHA

C & C Always Welcome

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 112 (1677 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS