Paint Savers

This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 115
lomyer wrote
on 26 Jul 2011 3:42 PM

Hello fellow painters,

There is a brand new product to the market called  Paint Savers.  They are an easy and effective way to preserve the left over (oil & acrylic) paint right on your pallette.  They are simple, clear, cup like devices with a sticky (TPR rubber) gasket that cling to all palette surfaces.  You simply scrape unused paint into individual piles right on your  palette and cup over with a Paint Savers.  They are so simple and easy to use and work AMAZINGLY well.  When tested on black acrylic, the pile covered with a Paint Saver was "out of the tube" fresh 3 weeks later. 

They are sure to inspire you to paint more because you wont worry about putting out too much paint or having the time to finish.  Just cover with your Paint Savers and come back later.  Even weeks later.

You can order from www.paintsavers.org  and they are guaranteed!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 585
Points 7,090
KatPaints wrote
on 26 Jul 2011 5:34 PM

six for $10 is too much. I use very small plastic containers upside down on my palette for for pennies. Congrats on marketing the idea, now you need to get it in the right price range.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 182
Points 2,735
eubie wrote
on 23 Sep 2011 1:11 PM

Thanks for a great tip!!  I am always making mud piles  but good to even save those to use as great neutrals.  Sally

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 115
lomyer wrote
on 22 Nov 2011 12:57 PM

Actually they come 7 to a pack and are $14.95.  That's about the price of one tube of paint and they'll last a lifetime.  These have a  sticky (made out of TPR rubber)  bottom gasket that clings to and surface palette.  Tested on black acrylic (the fastest of all paints to dry) it was "out of the tube fresh" 3 weeks later.  Do your little plastic containers keep your paint fresh for that long?  I would love to send you a sample for free if you're interested.  Or you can find them at www.paintsavers.org    They are also listed in Utrecht art supply magazine.    Thanks, Lana

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 115
lomyer wrote
on 16 Jan 2012 12:43 PM

I finally have a website to order your Paint Savers:   www.paintsavers.org    I no longer sell them on ebay.  They have been selling  all around the world!  And have been getting some wonderful feedback.   I'm hoping that soon Paint Savers will be a must have for every oil and acrylic painter who wants an easy and simple way to preserve there leftover paint.  I have also put a you tube video together that demonstrates how effective they are.  Please feel free to contact me with any and all questions and comments.  I would love to hear from you!  Lana

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 221
Points 4,000
Jay Babina wrote
on 18 Jan 2012 8:44 AM

I removed my post. Good luck with your product.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 115
lomyer wrote
on 18 Jan 2012 2:07 PM

These have a sticky rubber gasket that create an air tight seal when placed over piles of paint.  The thermal plastic rubber  gaskets are the key!  Simple plastic cups wouldn't work nearly as well or keep paint fresh as long because they would let the air in.  These have been selling like hot cakes with great feedback.  I would love to send you a free sample so you can see for yourself.  Lana 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 62
Points 925
jrdn wrote
on 18 Jan 2012 9:11 PM

Not trying to be rude, but wouldn't these be useless for oil paints? Oil paints don't dry by evaporating.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 115
lomyer wrote
on 19 Jan 2012 9:15 PM

Actually, that's exactly how oil paints dry.   By evaporation.  How else would they?  The oil mixed with the pigment just delays the drying process so these Paint Savers work extremely well with oil paints.  I've preserved the lighter colors for over a month!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 62
Points 925
jrdn wrote
on 19 Jan 2012 10:18 PM

lomyer:

Actually, that's exactly how oil paints dry.   By evaporation.  How else would they?  The oil mixed with the pigment just delays the drying process so these Paint Savers work extremely well with oil paints.  I've preserved the lighter colors for over a month!

"When exposed to air, oils do not undergo the same evaporative process that water does. Instead, they polymerise into a dry semisolid. This rate of process can be very slow, depending on the oil."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_paint#Characteristics

I can see your product being useful for acrylic painters however.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
vicpchin wrote
on 27 Mar 2012 10:53 PM

Actually, that is NOT how oil paints dry. Oil paints do not dry through evaporation. They dry through a chemical process called polymerization or oxidation. However, your plastic cups may retard the drying of oil paints by decreasing the amount of air that comes in contact with the paint, but even the small amount of air under the dome of the cups will cause some oxidation. That is not to say that the cups are totally ineffective, since they may in fact extend the usability of the paints for a few more days than usual.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 25
paintgirl770 wrote
on 1 May 2012 3:45 PM

I use the "pallette in the freezer" method for my oil paints.  Keeps the paint fresh for a week at least - that's how long I have stashed it for.  These look to be good for acrylics though.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 25
paintgirl770 wrote
on 1 May 2012 3:45 PM

I use the "pallette in the freezer" method for my oil paints.  Keeps the paint fresh for a week at least - that's how long I have stashed it for.  These look to be good for acrylics though.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS