Glad Wrap Press and Seal

This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 220
Points 3,935
Jay Babina wrote
on 26 Apr 2011 9:04 AM

A while back a painter friend turned me on to Press and Seal.

http://www.glad.com/plasticwrap/press_n_seal-40

At home I have a glass pallet but for plein air I have the plywood one that came with my box and I wrap it with Press and Seal for easy clean up later. The large piles of paint get transfered to my glass pallet at home but the mess just gets thrown away. I know people use foil, but try this. It's a lot tougher than Seran Wrap and tacky on one side. Works great.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 5,640
on 26 Apr 2011 11:39 AM

I use this product all the time, but didn't think of using it as you have suggested -I can see covering the kitchen saucers that I use as quick mini palettes for touch ups with this product and tossing when finished - thanks.  Right now I cover the paint on the saucers to keep them usable until I have completely finished what I am doing.

As an aside, when RVing  with a pup who didn't enjoy travelling, and would release her bladder because she was frightened;  in order not to experience the lap-getting-soaked situation ONCE AGAIN, I fashioned a diaper with paper towelling on top of the Press and Seal product  and secured on her - the adhesiveness of the wrap held it all together.   ;)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 585
Points 7,115
KatPaints wrote
on 26 Apr 2011 5:24 PM

Thanks,I was wondering what I could use to keep my new easel clean. A palette was provided with my easel (plastic yuk) and fits inside the box.  I had not thought of using this. Yes the oil/thinner makes Saran Wrap difficult to stick to my palette so I've been using one of those blue plastic boxes. I really want to get streamlined this year and lose the box when traveling.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS