CHALLENGE #6 - March 14 - April 11, 2011

This post has 104 Replies | 7 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 26 Mar 2011 9:15 AM

This Crocus is interesting, one can only shake their head. I even put a question mark in one of the spaces. Scratch your head and smile, that is what I'm doing. On to another challenge. This is w/c, 16 x 20.  Susan

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 26 Mar 2011 9:50 AM

I am sorry this picture is so large, I don't know what I did wrong. I resized it before posting. Sorry ;o(  Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,886
Points 48,325
Turps245 wrote
on 26 Mar 2011 10:40 AM

Susan: Love it! The size is great as we can really see it and enjoy it. Love the design and abstract form and those wonderful lush colours. Great job.

Jen C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 26 Mar 2011 11:31 AM

Susan, great interpretation of the crocus.  I agree with Jen about the wonderful colors on the flowers.  The bg is so interesting with the geometric shapes, soft and strong colors and textures.  I love the question mark!!!   Very nice painting.  Thanks for sharing.

Kristina, enjoy that new lamp and create lots of paintings under it.  We'll be watching for them.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 26 Mar 2011 1:36 PM

Hi all, Been following all the challange paintings and they are all exceptional, I really like the duckling, here is mine , a little early for Easter but the Bears got ahead of schedule and went to Jerusalem for Easter at least it wasn't crowded. 140# canson CP W/C paper 9x11

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,886
Points 48,325
Turps245 wrote
on 26 Mar 2011 3:55 PM

Fred: Boy those bears get around. Love the buildings and all the stones nice shading and demention. The Bears look like the celeberities they are. Quite the educated family.

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 197
Points 3,840
asusanrae wrote
on 26 Mar 2011 7:11 PM

Thank you Jen & Sam~~~~ I know you both speak from your minds and heart. As you can see Sam, I learn from you, otherwise the flower would have been centered! Thank you everyone who posts on this forum, its important to be active. I like Fred's bears as always. Fred, can we see the bears dancing around and smelling the crocus's coming through at the first sign of Spring? If anyone can do that, you can. ;o)  James, no one can paint frogs and princess's like you. I was in a gift shop yesterday and there was a frog kissing a princess, I immedietely thought of you, thinking you can paint this! Kristine, you impress me......you amaze me with your art work watching your progress. Each and everyone of the artist  on this forum is impressive.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 26 Mar 2011 9:12 PM

Fred, Easter is late this year but the bear family got an early start on celebrating.  They must be doing a lot of flying to be touring so many different countries.  I wonder if they fly in the body of the airplanes or in steerage.

You painted a nice sky in this one too, and I like the bricks/

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 26 Mar 2011 10:32 PM

Jen, I know when you said I shouldn't be sick because of the "NEW" baby in the house I just thought you were talking about Cindy's new baby with so many of us here sometimes it does get hard to remember who wrote what but little did I know you knew more than me for I am going to have a "NEW" baby in the house in a few few few months!  Jen, you were so right I do need to get better!! Being a grandmother is so much fun....

Susan the idea of sending Holly pictures is a great one, not only does that free Holly up from looking for pictures for the challenges but we get to share some of our nice pictures with everyone.  I will send pictures for next month I'm sure Holly you must have many to choose from by now for April.  Again Susan good idea..

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 26 Mar 2011 10:36 PM

Susan your pictures alway make me think for climbing trees and eating mud pies!

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 26 Mar 2011 10:38 PM

Kristina I hope your eyes are better and that your new lamp works well for you I miss seeing your art.

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 26 Mar 2011 10:42 PM

Fred, keep your bears safe in Jerusalem, I would love to go there for Easter some day.

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 26 Mar 2011 11:00 PM

I'm still not well, I don't get sick often but watch out when I do.  I have started the challenge.  Here is my crocus, I'm not sure why I did the back part in green when I wanted the white to look like snow but when the snow melted away from my grass it was green.  I make this as a card using CP.

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,685
on 27 Mar 2011 5:26 AM

Joyce, isn't it amazing to see crocus popping up through the snow in the early spring.  Sure sign that spring is near.  Lovely drawing and nice card.  Glad that you are getting well enough to work on art again.

Hopefully, everyone knows that they can click on this drawing and see a larger version.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 554
Points 8,005
csebeling wrote
on 27 Mar 2011 6:55 AM

Great Crocus, Susan! I like the colors and the way you've brought one petal off the page. It seems to tie the composition together.

Cindy...last name Learn- C&C's always welcome. 

Page 4 of 7 (105 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS