CHALLENGE # 4 - JAN. 17 - FEB. 14, 2011

This post has 423 Replies | 13 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 9 Feb 2011 6:12 PM

James, looks like a sweet Valentine's Day lunch.  It's pretty bad when you can't get through with your painting without eating the candy!!!  At least Jen finished painting the apple before she ate it.  You know that I'm teasing, don't you?

Your treatment of the table is very nice and the red glass vase looks good.  Pretty red flowers, too.  Good Valentine/pear painting.  Thanks for sharing.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,900
kmbjbb wrote
on 9 Feb 2011 6:41 PM

Great jobs everyone. Joyce, your tunnel was well done. Holly, your Mr. Back-Off was great! James, nice job with the Valentine's Lunch. Too bad I don't like chocolate. 

Kristina-

“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ~ Pablo Picasso

C & C are always welcomed and appreciated.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 10 Feb 2011 4:53 AM

Thank you Jen, Sandi ,Sam and Kristina, with the exeption of the bannanas and the candie everything else was imagination I had one and a half bannanas and looked up candie at Godivas website. I agonized over shadows on the BG but if the table was away from the wall there wouldn't be shadows I still can't make up my mind, help ! the half eaten candie was by mistake I was highlighting and saw how it looked and liked it my wife has a habit of biting in and if she doesn't like it she puts it back this made me think of that  sorry to hear you don't like chocolate Kristina it is one of the few pleasures left I can still enjoy .Again thank you all for your C&C             James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 10 Feb 2011 4:32 PM

Okay so I take a day off yesterday and enjoy watching snow fall and a good book and EVERYBODY stops painting or talking!  Well I went to art class and as today is chemo day for the teacher I was teacher. I ended up drawing an Indian, A bird and a bowl for all the others. Our teacher has them all spoiled and draws for them so when she's not there I do. It's good practice for me So I DID draw today just don't have anything to show. So what were you all doing?

Jen C & C's always welcome

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 10 Feb 2011 4:50 PM

Sorry  guys I meant to put the above in the chatter place! Huh?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,052
Points 46,410
on 10 Feb 2011 9:27 PM

Hi James, no chocolate-hater here! I especially love your paintings of the candies and the blossoms. Plus I notice your shadows are all going in the right direction. After an embarrassing episode of my own with confused shadows, I really notice that in other people's work. Happy Valentine's Day!

Alex

Comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 733
Points 12,375
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 10 Feb 2011 10:06 PM

Happy Valentine Everyone, I decided to do another valentine painting for eveyone here.  This one was fun to do. 

I'm hoping to do some work on my tunnel this weekend.

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 11 Feb 2011 12:49 AM

Nice Valentine, Joyce.   Pretty background. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,435
Points 20,930
J.V.Schaffer wrote
on 11 Feb 2011 5:47 AM

Thank you much Alex I appreciate your comment . Nicely done valentine Joyce someone would love to receive it I'm sure            James

Jim C&C welcomed

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,992
Points 50,370
Turps245 wrote
on 11 Feb 2011 9:28 AM

Joyce: Nice little valentine with lots of hugs and movement in it. Great job.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,003
Points 15,260
sandichot wrote
on 11 Feb 2011 1:32 PM

Joyce- Such a wonderful design for valentine, I've always said that you are a good designer and you show that you really are!  great colors, good job!

Right Hug Sandi

C&C are welcome and appreciated.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 733
Points 12,375
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 12 Feb 2011 10:19 PM

I'm glad you like my background and the picture, I did the back ground using a paper towel.  I'm getting better at this..........

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 450
StevenM.va wrote
on 13 Feb 2011 9:34 AM

Thought I'd get one more in before the cut-off. These are fun subjects for study and will have to try some of the wildlife on another occassion.

I'm always appreciative of any C&C .

Steve

I always welcome comments and critiques

Steve

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 535
Points 9,580
halsart wrote
on 13 Feb 2011 9:43 AM

Wonderful painting Steve.

Hal :  The Sunset Beckons:

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,700
on 13 Feb 2011 9:56 AM

Steven,

Again you simplified the subject matter rendering it to be much more interesting.  Excellent background and water with very nice colors.    I like that you changed the color of the wheel and put a tree in front of the buildings breaking up some of that red.  It does, indeed, look like a cold winter day.  Brrrrr!  Thanks for sharing.

PS.  You can ignore the deadlines and go back to any Challenge and post work as long as it relates to the reference photos for that month.

Page 27 of 29 (424 items) « First ...  < Previous  25 26 27 28 29  Next > | RSS