WELCOME ONE AND ALL!

This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 25 Oct 2010 10:38 AM

Welcome to the new ALL MEDIA PHOTO CHALLENGE forum!  This challenge is open to anyone, in any media, with any skill and/or experience level. 

There is only one rule for these challenges: 

Create artwork based on the photo. Use any medium and any style. Stick to the photo exactly or just use it as a starting point - feel free to change colors, composition, add or subtract elements or take a complete departure.

Once you have completed your rendition of the photo, then post it here in its appropriate thread and VOILA – we will all see it and be able to make comments for you!  You will find that its really loads of fun to see everyone’s different interpretations of the same photograph!

The goals are really simple:

#1 – HAVE FUN!

#2 – Keep painting and meeting challenges, each at our own individual skill levels.

#3 – Share with others and learn from others.

Every two to three weeks, a new photo will be posted to challenge us and keep us painting.  With each new photo, there will be a “target completion date” - - BUT, please realize that none of the challenges will ever be closed!  As we progress, a collection of really great member submitted reference photos will develop.  While you are scanning through past challenges, if you find one you missed or one you would like to revisit, by all means, create your art work on that photo and post your rendition in it’s appropriate thread.  That will bring the thread to the top of the list and we will all see your work to comment. 

(And did I mention that the main requirement is to HAVE FUN?)

LET’S GET STARTED – TODAY!

Holly

Holly

C & C always welcomed and encouraged.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 643
Points 23,060
bernof wrote
on 25 Oct 2010 10:56 AM

OK Holly I'm ready and anxious to start

Fred

Blue Ridge Mountains Art Center

Southern Appalachian Artists Guild 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 25 Oct 2010 8:07 PM

As some of you know I am very new at this but I am so looking forward to being part of this art group... Joyce

Joyce

All C & C's always welcome

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 26 Oct 2010 4:52 AM

Joyce - Welcome, welcome, welcome!  So glad to see you here - you will just love these challenges. 

There are just lots of things that you will notice once you have gotten into this concept.  First is the fact that you will always have a reference to get your "juices" flowing and give you a little inspirational "jump start".  It is always amazing to me to see so many individual interpretations created from the same photograph - that's REALLY fun!  Also, it gives you a place to track the progression of your own journey into your personal realm of art and I think that's one of the neatest advantages!  Plus, you will get so-o-o-o much constructive help and suggestions - I think you will find that none of us "bite"!  AND - how fun is it to make so many new best friends that you have never met?!!!  Don't you just love it?!!

Holly

Holly

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,049
Points 15,060
j.b2 wrote
on 26 Oct 2010 7:37 AM

I'll give it a try Holly...

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 26 Oct 2010 7:45 AM

Thanks, j.b2!  Looking forward to seeing your posts.  Hope you will have a bunch of fun with us! 

Holly

Holly

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 26 Oct 2010 7:11 PM

This is to everyone out there, please remember when I do post I am just learning, and my pictures will look like a 3rd grader at the most (no laughing). 

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 27 Oct 2010 6:35 AM

We won't laugh, Joyce!  What we will probably all do is remember our own individual starting points and wish we had had all the good help available here for you!  I've seen your posts on Facebook, and you are already getting better at it.  Just keep it up and we will all be able to watch your progression!  I think that's exciting for you and for us, too!

Holly

Holly

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,906
Points 46,670
on 27 Oct 2010 7:55 AM

This promises to be an interesting forum although I may not get to many of the challenges.  Thanks for starting it, Holly.

Sam/Sammy     C & C Welcome

Visit my blog at www.artbysamh.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 27 Oct 2010 5:13 PM

Hi Sammy - glad to see you here.  Join in when you can. 

Holly

Holly

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 728
Points 12,260
Joyce Lydia wrote
on 27 Oct 2010 6:35 PM

Is this the area where I copy and paste my picture?

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 27 Oct 2010 6:47 PM

Joyce - go the the Challenge #1 thread and post it there.  Can't wait to see!

Holly

Holly

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 214
Points 3,900
kmbjbb wrote
on 11 Nov 2010 1:55 PM

I myself am looking forward to these challenges. Maybe they will help me grow in my learning of painting with acrylics. Total newbie here and if Joyce is comparing herself to a possible 3rd grade level, then I know I am definitely at a preschool level. I can only get better. I can't really go backwards from here except to forget how to hold a brush or pencil, right?

Kristina

Kristina-

“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ~ Pablo Picasso

C & C are always welcomed and appreciated.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 627
Points 14,900
holland2 wrote
on 11 Nov 2010 5:23 PM

Kristina - Welcome and just jump right in!  Hey, preschool is good - that's when imagination, honesty in all forms, and  pure innocence abounds - a time before inhabitions are learned - so preschool is the best level to start!  Have fun with your artistic endeavors and share with us so we can share your joy!  Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Holly

Holly

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS