Watercolor posting

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 58
Points 1,505
guitar1 wrote
on 29 Aug 2014 10:51 PM

Hello,

I am a new member. I started back painting when I retired in 2011. Many years ago I painted in oils, but the smells really gave my sinus a fit. I finally gave that and many years later I started playing around with photo manipulation and digital art. Over time that just made me miss the feel of the brush in my hand. I took up watercolor and have lately been experimenting with acrylics using the new open acrylics made by Golden. I found that the added drying time lessened the frustration of acrylics a great deal. (I am not a fast painter by any stretch of the imagination) I came across this discussion board quite by accident but decided to join. I saw some really great painters and was very intrigued by some of the conversations. I am making a post of one of my watercolor paintings. The painting is a gallery wrap with the paper wet and stretched over canvas stretcher bars and then varnished. The work is 20"x 20". I welcome any comments.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
jeffreygill wrote
on 21 Sep 2014 6:50 PM

I made an account just to tell you that this painting is amazing 

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
thegrindre wrote
on 15 Oct 2014 6:42 PM

Sorry, but this place is dead but I will comment on your painting... WOW!!! Fantastic work of art.

I, too, am retired and painting with watercolors but I'm not as good as you are. :-)

a.k.a. Rick

Don't fry bacon in the nude.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
on 17 Dec 2014 1:36 AM

Great painting! I think you have to make this your profession because you are now retired. This is the right time to covert your hobby into profession. This start from your home. Firstly design some beautiful arts for your home.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS