What acrylics to use

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50
dineen wrote
on 28 Aug 2014 6:41 AM

Hi I wondered if anyone can help I am using a range of different acrylics and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good artist quality acrylics that I am able to get from the UK.  I want them to be of high quality. Also I want to move from cotton canvas to linen canvas but am struggling to find anywhere decent to order from if anyone has any suggestions for me I would be hugely greatful.

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 48
Points 1,235
guitar1 wrote
on 9 Sep 2014 8:20 PM

I don't have any way to know what is available where you are, but I will recommend Golden acrylics products. As for myself I use the newly released open acrylics by Golden. I like them because they have a much longer drying time than traditional acrylics, much closer to oils than any I have used. The quality is very high. Of course that is an opinion, for all that is worth. I think you will find that a lot of professional painters use Golden. Whatever you decide to use, I wish you well. Happy painting.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
on 30 Sep 2014 4:58 AM

winsor and newton Galeria and/or daler rowney are quality acrylic paints i use and they can be bought online via amazon at affordable prices.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 614
Points 5,330
on 30 Sep 2014 10:54 AM

dineen—

Both Golden and Winsor Newton acrylics are excellent.

For any art supplies in the UK, visit Jackson Artist Supplies website:
http://www.londonartshop.co.uk/visit-our-shop/

I hope this helps—

Paul

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS