Golden Acrylic is not consumer friendly.

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
2old2wait wrote
on 22 Aug 2014 1:24 AM

Recently I saw a listing on Ebay for a large assortment of Golden Acrylics. I contacted the seller and asked for more details, a list of colors and/or better pics so I could read the labels. Their reply was to the effect that if I did not have an art supply store I could not buy the paints. They had contacted Golden and this was Golden's reply. Apparently they control (some) sellers on Ebay! Therefore, I think they are dedicated to reaching the largest possible distribution, having middle-men even before the retailer... and probably a price hike at each step. This is why they are expensive. So for me now... no more Golden. Back to Nova. I've always loved Nova's distribution model. NO middlemen. Straight from factory to the artist. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 535
Points 9,580
halsart wrote
on 1 Sep 2014 2:16 PM

That seems to be a rather odd situation.

I paint with a limited Palette and emulate John Stobart:  a darker red, burnt Sienna, cad yellow, ultramarine blue, permanent green and Titanium white.  Since I use a limited palette, I usually purchase introductory sets of 5 or 6 colors from Jerry's Artrama, Dick Blick, Cheap Joes.  Introductory sets are usually sold at deep discounts. 
In acrylics I use Soho, Matisse, Lukas, Windsor and even some Fundamentals.

I use the same brands in oil paint and watercolor.

I have a friend who paints wonderful paintings just using Liquitex Basics.

So it you're looking for bargain paints try the online stores.  They often have sales and, at the moment, Jerry's has free shipping on a $50 purchase.

Hal :  The Sunset Beckons:

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS