ALYSSA MONKS

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 379
Points 5,835
on 11 Aug 2014 3:56 PM

I came across the above artist a few days ago, and my jaw dropped.  You can see her works at alyssamonks.com.  If you go to her site, notice how large some of her paintings are.  My favourite is the first one in 2009.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 606
Points 5,275
on 12 Aug 2014 10:59 AM

valerie—

I agree. Alyssa's work is truly striking.

I took a look at the site yesterday. I wanted to take a second look today but the site is "under construction" for the time being. I would like to suggest that you repost this as soon as the site is available. I'm sure many of our members would enjoy seeing these unique paintings.

Paul

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 379
Points 5,835
on 12 Aug 2014 12:36 PM

Paul

I checked out the site just now, and it seems to be up and running.  Thanks for letting me know.  When I was going through this site It brought to mind some of the artists who were looking for critiques on this site - the artist who drew Jack Nicholas, there is a painting of a wrinkled nose, it shows that wrinkles are not just lines but raised surfaces, one who was having difficulty with front facing eyes, could see how eyes are shadowed and highlighted.  I was intrigued with how she was able to have wet hair look so wet and real.  You can see I'm a fan.

Valerie

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS